Accidents can happen when we least expect them. If you’ve been involved in a road defect accident in St. Petersburg, FL, you need an experienced legal team in your corner. At Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers, we specialize in helping victims of road defect accidents recover the compensation they deserve.
We’ve recovered hundreds of millions of dollars for our clients since our founding, and we’re just as confident in our ability to help with your case. We offer a free initial consultation to review your accident and provide legal advice. Contact our St. Petersburg road defect lawyers today. Call (727) 610-8878 today.
Table of Contents
How Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Road Defect Accident in St. Petersburg
If you have been injured in a road defect accident in St. Petersburg, Florida, you’re in good hands. Our team has numerous awards and brings 300 years of collective experience to your case. Here’s how we can help after a road defect accident in St. Petersburg, FL:
- Legal Expertise and Personalized Case Evaluation: Our team is experienced in bringing personal injury claims under Florida law. We’ll listen to your account of the accident and develop a legal strategy tailored to your situation.
- Evidence Gathering: Our experienced personal injury lawyers will conduct a thorough examination of the evidence, including accident reports, and consult with experts if necessary.
- Negotiation: Dealing with insurance companies and government entities can be challenging. They may attempt to offer settlements that do not fully cover your damages. We will handle negotiations on your behalf, aiming to secure a just settlement.
- Representation in Court: If a fair settlement cannot be reached through negotiation, our skilled trial attorneys are prepared to take your case to court and present a compelling case on your behalf.
- Compassionate Support: We understand the importance of compassionate support during challenging times. Our team will answer your questions and keep you informed about your case. We are here for you every step of the way.
If you have been injured in a road defect accident, you do not have to navigate your injury alone. Let us be your trusted advocates. Reach out to our award-winning St. Petersburg car accident lawyers today to get started.
What Causes Road Defect Accidents?
A variety of hazards can cause road defect accidents, including:
- Potholes and other uneven surfaces
- Cracked curbs
- Damaged, missing, or hidden signage
- Insufficient shoulder space
- Poor lane markings
- Poorly maintained foliage
Other unique conditions in your situation can create hazards and render roads unsafe for driving.
What Is My St. Petersburg Road Defect Case Worth?
One of the first questions on your mind may be the potential worth of your road defect case. The value of personal injury cases, including road defect claims, depends upon several factors:
- Severity of the injuries
- Cost of medical treatment
- Duration of medical treatment
- Disruption to daily activities
- Lost wages during recovery
- Loss of earning capacity due to the injury
- Repair or reimbursement costs for property damaged
- Emotional impacts
- Loss of enjoyment of daily activities
- Impacts upon relationships with loved ones
Additional factors may apply in your case. Our attorneys are skilled in assessing the value of personal injury claims, taking into account all applicable factors.
What Kind of Damages Are Available to Road Defect Accident Victims in St. Pete?
Injury victims are generally eligible for two kinds of damages: economic damages and non-economic damages.
Economic damages compensate for tangible losses that are easily quantified. These include medical expenses, like medication and surgery. Plaintiffs can claim wages lost during the recovery period, as well as a loss of earning capacity. They can also claim the value of property damaged due to the accident or the costs of repair.
Non-economic damages compensate intangible losses due to an injury. For instance, pain and suffering damages compensate for physical, mental, and emotional pain caused by the injury. These damages also cover a loss of enjoyment of daily activities or loss of consortium.
Our legal team will carefully evaluate your case to identify all possible avenues for recovery, making a case for both economic and non-economic damages within your claim.
How Much Does It Cost To Hire a Road Defect Lawyer?
We understand that financial concerns may be on your mind. That’s why we operate on a contingency fee basis. That means that you do not pay legal fees upfront — we are only paid if you recover compensation. We believe that injury victims should have access to quality representation without worrying about the costs.
Can I Recover Compensation if I’m Being Blamed for a Road Defect Accident in Florida?
Even if you’re partially responsible, you may still be able to recover compensation. Florida follows a modified comparative negligence system, meaning that you can recover partial compensation if you are not more than 51 percent at fault. Our skilled attorneys will build a strong case to maximize your recovery.
We’ll Fight To Recover Compensation for All of Your Road Defect Injuries
Road defect accidents can cause a variety of injuries. Here are some of the most common injuries that people sustain after a road defect accident.
- Whiplash: the abrupt back-and-forth movement of the head upon impact, as when a car goes over a pothole
- Tailbone Injuries: the impact of going over uneven surfaces can cause damage to the tailbone (coccyx)
- Head Injuries: these can occur if the head collides with the steering wheel or frame of the car upon impact
Depending upon the circumstances of the accident, you may sustain additional injuries. We are committed to securing fair compensation for all of your injuries after an accident.
How Long Do I Have To File a Lawsuit After a Road Defect Accident in Florida?
After a road defect accident, Florida’s statute of limitations requires injury plaintiffs to file claims within two years from the date of the accident. If you do not file by the deadline, you lose your right to sue.
However, keep in mind that some types of cases have different time limits. For instance, if your case requires filing a lawsuit against a government entity, there are specific rules that must be followed.
Contact our personal injury law firm as soon as you can to confirm the amount of time you have to take legal action in your specific circumstances.
Contact Our St. Petersburg Road Defect Lawyers for a Free Consultation
If you’ve been injured in a road defect accident in St. Petersburg, we are here to help. Contact Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers for a free consultation.
Your road to recovery starts with us. And remember: our St. Petersburg road defect attorneys work on contingency, so we only get paid if you do.