Have you been injured in an accident while riding a bicycle in Clearwater, FL? Bicyclists usually suffer the brunt of the damage in a collision with a car—even if they are wearing a helmet. If someone else’s negligence caused your accident, you deserve to be compensated for your medical expenses and related losses.
Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers can help. Our Clearwater bicycle accident lawyers have a track record of success representing injured clients like you.
How Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After an Accident in Clearwater
Recovering from a Clearwater bicycle accident can be very challenging. Bike accidents usually result in serious physical injuries—and sometimes cause disabilities or even wrongful death. If you were in an accident, you may be struggling financially, emotionally, and mentally.
After a Clearwater injury accident, seeking compensation usually involves filing a personal injury claim against the at-fault party’s insurance. Insurance companies prefer that victims work with them directly instead of hiring attorneys; this makes it easier to convince a victim to settle for an unreasonably low payout.
They most certainly don’t want you to hire an elite personal injury law firm like Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers. They know that our lawyers are Board Certified, “Super Lawyers,” “Rising Stars,” and Tampa Bay Magazine Top Lawyers. They also know that we’ll take them to trial if they don’t offer you a fair settlement.
Hire our Clearwater personal injury lawyers to represent you, and we’ll help by:
- Investigating the accident
- Identifying liable parties
- Calculating how much your claim is worth
- Negotiating for a fair settlement on your behalf
- Going to court if an insurer or at-fault party won’t offer a fair settlement.
Our firm strives to help injured clients like you recover what they’re owed. We know that an injury can be overwhelming. That’s why we offer free consultations to prospective clients and contingency-fee arrangements for those we represent. Call us today to talk to a Clearwater personal injury attorney.
How Common Are Bicycle Accidents in Clearwater, FL?
Clearwater is one of the most attractive cities in one of the most attractive states in the nation. However, living here can put you at higher-than-average risk of being injured if you ride a bicycle. The appeal of the area results in very crowded roads. This increases the odds of accidents.
According to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, 518 bicycle accidents in Clearwater and surrounding towns in Pinellas County. Those resulted in 494 injuries and 8 deaths. And despite the fact that the nation was going through a pandemic and effectively shut down for most of the year, bicycle accidents in Clearwater actually increased from the year prior.
In 2019, there were 513 bicycle accidents, causing 477 injuries and 10 deaths.
What is My Bicycle Accident Case Worth?
It’s impossible to say exactly what your bicycle or car accident claim is worth without reviewing the specific details of your case.
Many factors influence the value of a claim or lawsuit, including:
- the severity of injuries sustained
- the cost of your medical bills and other financial losses
- the nature and extent of any non-financial consequences resulting from your accident
An honest attorney can’t promise you’ll recover a certain amount of money in the form of a settlement or damages. However, we can cite our extraordinary case results. We’ve helped numerous clients recover hundreds of thousands and even millions of dollars in compensation.
What Kind of Damages Are Available to Accident Victims?
After a bike accident, you may already know that you can pursue compensation for financial losses such as:
- medical bills (both past and future),
- lost wages,
- lost earning potential,
- and other incidental expenses (such as the cost of home care services)
These are called “economic damages.” However, not all the consequences of a bike accident are strictly financial. For example, maybe your injuries limit your mobility or stop you from participating in certain activities you once enjoyed. Or, they could prevent you from helping raise your children, being an attentive spouse, and more.
Non-economic damages compensate for your personal, non-financial losses after an accident. You may also be able to recover other compensation for your injuries, including:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Disfigurement or scarring
- And more
Our expert Clearwater personal injury attorneys use specialized methods to assign a dollar value to such damages.
Can I Recover Compensation if I’m Being Blamed for a Bicycle Accident in Florida?
Florida is a “comparative negligence” or “comparative fault” state. You can still recover damages if your partially to blame for an accident. However, your damages will be reduced to account for your share of blame.
Insurers will often try to argue that a victim wouldn’t have been injured but for their own negligence. For example, an insurer might claim your accident occurred because you failed to signal a turn.
Such accusations aren’t always based in fact. If an insurer or at-fault party is falsely accusing you, rest assured our Clearwater bicycle accident lawyers will defend you.
We’ll Fight to Recover Compensation for All Your Bicycle Accident Injuries
Bicycles don’t protect accident victims the way the steel frames of cars or other vehicles do. Your injuries resulting from a Clearwater bicycle accident have the potential to be quite severe.
Common bicycle accident injuries include:
- Broken or fractured bones
- Road rash
- Head trauma, which can impair cognition or cause emotional difficulties
- Spinal cord injuries, which may result in paralysis
- Internal organ injuries
We’ll account for all your injuries when determining how much compensation you should request following a Clearwater bicycle accident. Our goal is to help you recover what you’re owed.
What Causes Most Bicycle Accidents in Clearwater, Florida?
Research from the Pinellas County Metropolitan Planning Organization reveals that intoxication often plays a role in bike accidents throughout the county.
Other common causes of Clearwater bicycle accidents include:
- Drivers failing to see bicyclists, as bicycles can be more difficult to spot than larger vehicles
- Distracted driving
- Drowsy driving
- Drivers failing to obey traffic lights or signs
- Drivers failing to yield the right-of-way to bicyclists
- Hazardous road conditions
- Motor vehicle defects
- Drivers changing lanes without checking blind spots
- Drivers making turns in front of bicyclists
It’s important to work with qualified Clearwater bicycle accident attorneys to determine what caused your accident. When it’s not immediately apparent who was negligent, our dedicated team will identify those responsible for compensating you.
How Do I Prove Negligence After a Bicycle Accident in Florida?
To recover compensation after a Florida bicycle accident, you must prove another party’s negligence caused the accident. Proving negligence involves gathering evidence of fault with the help of your attorneys.
You’ll need to show that:
- The at-fault party owed you a duty of care
- They breached this duty
- Their breach caused your injuries
- You suffered damages
Our talented legal team will use different forms of evidence to show the defendant was at fault. We may use:
- Dash cam or surveillance video footage
- Medical Records
- Police Reports
- Eyewitness testimony
- Expert analysis
- And more
If another driver caused your accident, rest assured we’ll be prepared to prove it. Contact Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers for a free case evaluation today.
What Should I Do After a Bicycle Accident?
You can take the following steps to protect your legal rights and health after a bicycle accident:
- Get to safety
- Check yourself for injuries
- Calmly get the names and contact information of all others involved in the accident
- Call the police to report the incident
- Don’t discuss the accident with others at the scene (you might say something that could be used against you later)
- Get the names and contact information of eyewitnesses
- Take pictures of the scene and any visual evidence of your injuries
Then, immediately see a doctor. This is essential even if you don’t notice any signs of injury. The signs of an injury might not develop until days or weeks after the accident. You need a doctor to assess your condition in case you need treatment.
If you don’t seek treatment immediately, an insurance company could argue you failed to mitigate your damages and deny your claim. Don’t let that happen. Regardless of how you may feel, seeing a doctor after a Clearwater bicycle accident is imperative.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit After a Bicycle Accident in Florida?
The statute of limitations in Florida generally requires bicycle accident victims to file lawsuits within four years after their accidents occur. You’ll waive your right to compensation if you miss the deadline. Avoid this by contacting our Clearwater personal injury lawyers sooner rather than later.
Contact Our Clearwater Bicycle Accident Lawyers for a Free Consultation
If you’ve been injured in an accident, you need representation from Clearwater bicycle accident lawyers who consistently deliver results. That’s exactly what you’ll find at Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers. To learn more about what we can do for you, call us or contact us online today. Your initial consultation is free.
Our Clearwater, FL personal injury law firm also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Brain Injury Accident Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Car Accident Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Dog Bite Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Uber Accident Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Clearwater Medical Malpractice Lawyers
- Clearwater, FL Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Slip and Fall Accidents Attorneys in Clearwater, FL
- Premises Liability Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Workers Compensation Attorney in Clearwater, FL
- Wrongful Death Lawyers in Clearwater, FL