Who We Are
Since then, we have helped thousands of clients, approaching every case with skill, knowledge, experience, and integrity.
Over our more than half-century of experience, we have:
- Earned an AV rating, the highest possible rating from the largest legal rating service
- Fought cases all the way to the Florida Supreme Court and the Supreme Court of the United States on behalf of our clients
- Assembled a stellar team of paralegals, investigators, and support staff
- Recovered hundreds of millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements, and
- Found justice for thousands of clients.
Recently, several members of our law firm have been recognized for their expertise, results, and passion for helping accident victims just like you:
- Three attorneys have been Board Certified by the Florida Bar Assocation (a distinction held by less than 2% of all Florida lawyers)
- Three attorneys have been selected to Super Lawyers and three selected to Super Lawyers Rising Stars list, and
- Four attorneys have been named among Tampa Bay’s Top Lawyers by Tampa Bay Magazine.
These accomplishments, honors, and awards are the result of our law firm’s singular goal: to protect and compensate accident victims and their families
It is our purpose—and our passion—to work hard to provide answers, action, and advice to victims and their loved ones during the critical and confusing time after an accident.
We understand the frustration that accident victims feel, particularly when faced with insurance companies and other opponents who seek to delay, minimize, or deny their claims.
After an accident, we know that you need
- Well-explained options
- Protection of your rights,
- And most importantly, a fair recovery!
With our years of experience, we believe we have what it takes to successfully handle YOUR case! With our passion for justice, specialized skills, and belief in our clients, we will do all we can to win compensation for you and your loved ones.
Becoming Tampa Bay’s First Personal Injury Law Firm
Prior to 1955, personal injury victims in Pinellas County did not have many viable options.
“They would likely be represented by a general practice lawyer, who might not have the right experience and passion to win their case.”
When Guy Perenich came to Pinellas County in the early 1950s, he sought a solution to the issue.
After serving with the Navy in the Pacific Ocean, Guy Perenich graduated with honors from Notre Dame. He proceeded to Columbia Law School, one of the top three law schools in the United States in the 1950s.
After transferring to George Washington School of Law, he graduated with his Juris doctorate in 1952. He moved to Florida and worked as an insurance adjuster in Pinellas County.
In this position, he learned about the struggles of injury victims. He saw that they struggled to receive ideal representation and recognized the area’s desperate need for a personal injury attorney.
Following his passion to always help injury victims, he founded the law firm of Muscarella & Perenich in downtown Clearwater in 1955. It became one of the first in the entire Tampa Bay area to focus specifically on personal injury law. Robert Carroll joined the firm in 1966, and the name became Perenich & Carroll.
Carrying on Guy Perenich’s Legacy to Help Injured Victims
Eventually, the firm moved from downtown Clearwater to its current location, and with the addition of Mark Perenich, Bryan Caulfield, Jay Avril, and Matthew Noyes, the name changed again to its current title: Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes.
Mark Perenich, the son of Guy Perenich, carries on the family legacy.
Every attorney in the firm works to provide stellar representation to injured victims as Guy Perenich did in 1955.
Whether local citizens remember the firm as Perenich & Carroll or even Muscarella & Perenich, the name is often associated with passionate, hardworking attorneys who will fight for their clients.
We’re Different and We’ll Prove It!
The Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Client First Guarantee:
- Your case will be handled by a lawyer, not a case manager or other non-attorney.
- You will meet with your lawyer. At our firm, justice starts with a relationship built on trust between you and your lawyer.
- Your lawyer will handle the case from start to finish.
- If your case goes to trial, you will have the services of a Board Certified civil trial lawyer available to you.
- Your case will be evaluated and negotiated by an attorney, not a non-lawyer staff member or case manager.
- Your lawyer will practice in no area other than personal injury and wrongful death law. We do not attempt to be a jack of all trades. Our lawyers practice only injury and wrongful death law.
- We can and will take your case all the way to trial without referring it to a different law firm if it does not settle for a fair value. Beware if you are considering hiring a firm that is inexperienced or doesn’t go to trial – your adversary will know it and the offers to you will reflect that.