Have you been injured on a cruise ship in Clearwater, FL? If so, contact Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers for immediate legal assistance. You may be entitled to compensation for your medical expenses, loss of income, and suffering. Our Clearwater cruise ship accident lawyers will fight to maximize your recovery.
Choose Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes, P.A. and benefit from the experience of attorneys with more than 300 years of combined experience. Since 1955, we’ve been fierce advocates for injury victims and families in the Tampa Bay area. We’ve won more than $675 million in life-changing financial awards for clients involved in Clearwater boating accidents, wrongful death, catastrophic injuries, Clearwater maritime accidents, and more.
Table of Contents
How Our Clearwater Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Cruise Ship Accident
You booked a cruise to get some much-needed rest and relaxation. Unfortunately, you got hurt instead. Now your vacation has turned into a nightmare. And, to make matters worse, the cruise line doesn’t want to admit fault or pay for your injuries.
Focus on getting better. Let our Clearwater personal injury attorneys handle your personal injury lawsuit and fight to get you every cent you deserve.
Trust Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers with your cruise ship accident case, and we will:
- Investigate the circumstances surrounding the accident to determine why it happened and who’s at fault
- Consult with maritime injury experts and specialists as we analyze evidence and value your personal injury claim
- Seek damages from all liable parties
- Negotiate with insurance companies to get you the best possible settlement
- Bring your case to a jury if those responsible for your cruise ship accident refuse to accept responsibility or offer a fair deal
Contact our Clearwater cruise ship accident attorneys to learn more. We’ll gladly listen to your side of the story, explain your rights, and help you determine the best next steps.
How Are Cruise Ship Accidents Different From Other Types of Personal Injury Cases in Florida?
You may assume that Florida law would apply to your case since your cruise ship departed from Clearwater. However, cruise ships are subject to federal maritime law.
So, if you get hurt while onboard a cruise ship – either while it’s docked or out at sea – your personal injury lawsuit will depend on maritime law, not Florida tort law.
Here’s why that’s important: you’ll need to work with an attorney who is familiar with maritime law and who has experience handling cases like yours. Your choice of cruise ship accident attorney matters. Hiring the right lawyer could be the difference between a mediocre settlement and an award that reflects the true value of your personal injury case.
How Much is My Cruise Ship Accident Case Worth?
While every situation is unique, there are certain factors that will always play a role in determining the value of a cruise ship accident case, including:
- What types of injuries have you suffered?
- How serious are those injuries? Are you expected to make a full physical recovery?
- Are you unable to work? Will you be able to return to your job and earn the same income?
- How has the trauma of being involved in an accident on a cruise ship affected you emotionally?
- Is the cruise line accepting responsibility, or are they trying to say that you’re at fault?
- What are your out-of-pocket costs?
Typically, the more catastrophic your cruise ship injuries, the more your case for damages will be worth. However, don’t underestimate how much of an impact even seemingly-minor trauma can have on your life.
The best thing to do is speak with a qualified Clearwater cruise ship accident lawyer when you get back to shore. Your lawyer can identify your damages, explain what your case might be worth, and help you fight to maximize your recovery.
We Handle All Cruise Ship Accident Cases in Clearwater
At Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers, we represent clients who have suffered cruise ship injuries due to:
- Slip and fall accidents
- Sexual assaults
- Medical malpractice
- Food poisoning
- Swimming pool accidents
- Elevator or escalator accidents
- Bed bugs
- Legionnaires’ Disease
- Unsafe workplace conditions and more
Contact our experienced Clearwater personal injury attorneys if you or a loved one has been injured onboard a cruise ship. We’ll put decades of legal experience behind your fight for compensation.
What Causes Most Cruise Ship Accidents?
Cruise ships are essentially floating cities, equipped with everything you might need while you’re cruising the ocean. With so much going on – and so many people on board – there are a lot of different ways to potentially get hurt on board.
Some common causes of cruise ship accidents and injuries include:
- Inclement weather
- Loss of power
- Unsecured objects
Onboard, slip and fall accidents are the most common cause of injury. Slips and falls can occur if spills aren’t cleaned properly, debris and garbage pile up, or the ship is in disrepair.
We’ll Fight to Maximize Your Recovery For All of Your Cruise Ship Accident Injuries
Injuries suffered in a cruise ship accident can be catastrophic and change your life forever.
Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers represent clients who have suffered cruise ship injuries, including:
- Broken bones
- Soft tissue injury
- Eye injury
- Hearing loss
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Neck injury
- Back injury
- Nerve damage
- Crushing injury
If a family member has died in a cruise ship accident near Clearwater, our attorneys can help you file a wrongful death action against the cruise liner. While money won’t turn back time or bring your loved one back, it can help to offset the devastating financial consequences of their death.
What Kind of Damages Can I Get If I File a Cruise Ship Accident Lawsuit?
Our cruise ship accident attorneys in Clearwater will aggressively pursue compensation for your:
- Hospitalization, surgery, medication, medical devices, follow-up care, and other medical expenses
- Nursing care
- Mental anguish
- Emotional distress
- Loss of quality of life
- Chronic pain
- Lost wages and income
- Reduced earning capacity
We’ll work closely with respected experts to help us understand the full scope and extent of your trauma. The more we know about how your injuries affect you today and how they may affect you in the future, the better prepared we’ll be to secure full compensation on your behalf.
Do I Have to Prove Negligence to Win My Cruise Ship Accident Case?
Most likely, yes. Most personal injury lawsuits – including those involving cruise ship accidents – are based on negligence.
In your cruise ship accident lawsuit, you’ll have to prove:
- The defendant owed you a duty of care;
- The defendant breached that duty of care in some way;
- The defendant’s conduct caused you to get hurt; and
- You suffered damages as a result.
In Florida, cruise ships are considered to be common carriers. A common carrier transports people from one place to another in exchange for a fee. Other types of common carriers include buses, trains, and airplanes. Common carriers are held to a higher standard of care than ordinary people.
This can make it easier to establish negligence and recover compensation after an accident on board a cruise liner in Clearwater.
How Long Do I Have to File a Cruise Ship Accident Lawsuit in Clearwater?
If you were injured on a cruise ship, you will generally have just one year to file a formal lawsuit against the cruise ship company under federal law. And, you will have to provide written notice of your injury to the cruise liner before you file your claim.
Do not miss the deadline that applies to your case. If you do, you’ll forfeit the right to recover the money you need and deserve.
Schedule a Free Consultation With a Clearwater Cruise Ship Accident Lawyer
Whether you were hurt in a trip and fall accident or assaulted by a crew member, you may have the right to recover compensation for your cruise ship injuries. Our Clearwater cruise ship accident attorneys can help you fight to maximize your financial recovery.
Trust Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers to stand up to the cruise liner, insurance company, and negligent third parties on your behalf. Contact our law office in Clearwater, FL to learn more. We offer a free case review and are always standing by to take your call – 24/7/365.
Our Clearwater, FL personal injury law firm in Pinellas County also provides:
- Assault Injury Lawyer in Clearwater, FL
- Aviation Accident Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Bad Faith Insurance Attorney in Clearwater, FL
- Bicycle Accident Attorneys in Clearwater, FL
- Boating Accident Lawyer in Clearwater, FL
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Bus Accident Attorney in Clearwater, FL
- Car Accident Attorneys in Clearwater, FL
- Catastrophic Injury Lawyer in Clearwater, FL
- Child Injury Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Commercial Vehicle Accident Attorney in Clearwater, FL
- Dog Bite Lawyer in Clearwater, FL
- Electric Scooter Accident Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Lyft Accident Attorney in Clearwater, FL
- Maritime Accident Attorneys in Clearwater, FL
- Medical Benefits Lawyer in Clearwater, FL
- Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Clearwater, FL
- Negligent Security Attorneys in Clearwater, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Clearwater, FL
- Premises Liability Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Product Liability Attorney in Clearwater, FL
- Recreational Vehicle Accident Lawyer in Clearwater, FL
- Sexual Assault Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Slip and Fall Attorneys in Clearwater, FL
- Social Security Disability Attorney in Clearwater, FL
- Taxi Accident Lawyer in Clearwater, FL
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Uber Accident Attorney in Clearwater, FL
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in Clearwater, FL
- Workplace Accident Attorneys in Clearwater, FL
- Wrongful Death Lawyers in Clearwater, FL