Being involved in an accident is a terrible experience. However, when the at-fault driver flees the scene of the accident, it can make matters worse. You may not know where to turn after a hit and run.
Hiring an experienced St. Petersburg hit & run accident lawyer with Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers can help. Our track record speaks for itself; we have over 300 years of combined legal experience.
Our law firm has recovered hundreds of millions of dollars for clients since 1955. Our St. Petersburg car accident lawyers will work to help you recover the compensation you deserve after a hit and run accident.
Table of Contents
How Can Our St. Petersburg Car Accident Attorneys Help You Pursue a Hit and Run Claim?
The process of recovering compensation for hit and run accident damages can be challenging in Florida. You may have significant damages, but you may not be able to locate the driver. Law enforcement may be able to identify the driver, but their investigation will take time. What do you do in the meantime?
You may be entitled to compensation from your insurance even if the hit and run driver is never identified. When you hire Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers, you do not need to worry about dealing with the insurance company or understanding the law regarding hit and runs.
When you hire our personal injury lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL, you can expect us to:
- Provide you with guidance and sound legal advice
- Investigate the car crash to gather evidence proving the other driver caused the collision
- Verify your insurance coverages with your insurance company
- Monitor the accident investigation by law enforcement officials
- Document your damages and calculate the value of your injury claim
- File an insurance claim and negotiate a settlement with the insurance company
- Aggressively advocate for you in court if the insurance company refuses to act in good faith to settle the claim
Call our law office today to schedule your free consultation with a St. Petersburg hit and run crash lawyer. We’ll help you explore all your options for recovering money after your accident.
Why Do Drivers Leave the Scene of an Accident?
According to Florida laws, a driver must stop their vehicle after an accident and remain at the scene until they fulfill their legal requirements. About a quarter of the traffic accidents in Florida involve a hit and run driver. According to recent auto accident statistics, in 2021, there were 4,380 hit and run crashes in Pinellas County, including ten deaths.
A driver may leave the scene of an accident for many reasons, including but not limited to:
- They do not have a valid driver’s license
- The vehicle is a company vehicle
- They are driving under the influence
- They have illegal drugs in their possession
- They have outstanding criminal warrants
- The driver does not have the required Florida no-fault insurance
- They are in the United States illegally
- The driver panicked
- The vehicle was stolen
You can rely on our legal team to take all steps to recover maximum compensation for your damages, regardless of why a driver flees the accident scene.
Recovering Compensation for a hit and run Accident in St. Petersburg, FL
Florida’s no-fault insurance laws allow you to sue an at-fault driver for damages if you sustain serious accident injuries. Therefore, if the hit and run driver is identified, you may pursue a claim against the driver.
Our legal team will work to find the hit and run driver by:
- Interviewing eyewitnesses
- Analyzing traffic camera footages
- Following up with the police investigation
- Analyzing physical evidence from the accident scene
However, if the hit and run driver is never identified, you may still recover compensation for damages from an uninsured motorist insurance policy.
Uninsured motorist coverage pays benefits when an uninsured driver causes an accident. This coverage also applies to a hit and run crash.
Before you can recover compensation, you must prove that the hit and run driver caused the crash. Therefore, we must treat the accident case like we do all crash investigations. We will gather evidence proving fault, causation, and liability. We also fight allegations of contributory fault raised by the insurance company.
What Compensation Can I Receive After a Hit and Run in St. Petersburg, FL?
You could receive the following in a lawsuit against the driver or from your uninsured insurance coverage:
- The cost of medical care, including long-term personal and nursing care
- The cost of physical, occupational, vocational, and other types of therapy
- Past and future lost income and benefits, including decreases in earning potential
- Permanent impairments and disabilities
- Loss of enjoyment of life, emotional distress, mental anguish, and physical pain and suffering
- Wrongful death damages
The Florida statute of limitations restricts the time you have to file a personal injury lawsuit. Therefore, we encourage you to contact our office today to speak with one of our St. Petersburg accident lawyers.
We Handle All Types of Auto Accident Claims
At Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers we can assist you with your car accident claim involving:
- Head-on collisions
- Rear-end collisions
- Lane change crashes
- Speeding accidents
- Intersection crashes
- And more
Schedule a Free Consultation At Our Car Accident Law Firm in St. Petersburg
If your auto accident involves a hit and run driver, you need legal advice immediately. Our lawyers have the resources, skills, and experience to handle all types of accident cases. Call us now to schedule a free case evaluation with one of our St. Petersburg hit and run accident lawyers.