Have you or someone you love been injured in a car accident in St. Petersburg, FL? Do not count on the insurance company fairly valuing your claim. You may be entitled to compensation for your lost earnings, pain and suffering, and more.
An experienced St. Petersburg car accident lawyer can help you pursue the full compensation you need to move forward with your life.
Since 1955, Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers has fought tirelessly for Pinellas County accident victims – winning more than $675 million on their behalf in the process.
How Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help You After a Car Accident in St. Petersburg, FL
Submitting a claim after an accident should be a simple process, and it can be when you suffer very minimal injuries. Sadly, many victims find themselves battling an insurance company unfairly blaming them for the crash or minimizing the seriousness of their injuries. After an accident, you deserve an experienced St. Petersburg personal injury lawyer prepared to fight on your behalf.
Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers was founded in 1955 – making us the first law firm in St. Petersburg to focus entirely on personal injury law. We put more than 300 years of collective experience into every case we take on.
Our great attorneys have earned prestigious awards and recovered multi-million dollar verdicts, even trying cases before the Florida Supreme Court.
When you choose our law firm to represent you, you can expect us to:
- Give you the personal attention and legal advice you need
- Handle all administrative tasks, court filings, and communications with adverse parties and insurance providers
- Work with experts and gather evidence necessary to prove negligence
- Accurately value the full extent of your damages
- Negotiate with the insurance company and other parties on your behalf to seek the maximum value of your damages
- Present a persuasive argument to a jury if your case proceeds to court
We have decades of experience at the negotiation table and in the courtroom. Call us today to schedule a free initial consultation with a car accident attorney who cares about you and is willing to go the extra mile and provide you with all the information you need to obtain the best possible results for you.
How Common Are Car Accidents in St. Petersburg, FL?
According to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, there were 15,646 motor vehicle accidents in St. Petersburg and throughout Pinellas County in 2022. Those wrecks resulted in at least 9,210 injuries and 121 deaths.
St. Petersburg Car Accident Statistics: 2023 Update
Despite the fact that the nation was dealing with a global pandemic, St. Petersburg’s roads still saw quite a few traffic wrecks. In 2022, there were more than 15,646 motor vehicle accidents across Pinellas County. That’s down from years prior, but not by much, considering most people spent most of the year at home.
How Serious Are Pinellas County Car Accidents?
While total accident-related injuries declined between 2019 and 2020, St. Pinellas County saw an increase in the number of crash fatalities. At least 112 people were killed in car crashes in the county that year. In 2022 there were 15,646 collisions which resulted in 121 fatalities. As of January 2023, there have been 242 crashes and 1 fatality.
Crash fatalities in St. Petersburg have been on the rise for years. In 2018, St. Petersburg had 40 car accident deaths 2018, an all-time high and up from 25 deaths in 2017.
What Are the Most Dangerous Roads and Intersections in St. Petersburg, FL?
- 34th Street N. & 5th Ave. N.
- 28th Street North. & 1st Ave. North.
- U.S. 19 & 1st Avenue N.
- 34th Street North & 22nd Ave. North
- Interstate 275
What Is My Car Accident Case Worth on the Gulf Coast of Florida?
There is no easy way to estimate how much your case may be worth. Damages are highly unique and a personal injury calculator or formula you may find just won’t be accurate.
As a general rule, cases involving very serious injuries with a long-lasting impact are worth more than the ones in which the victim can make a full recovery.
It may help to understand the most important factors that are considered when evaluating the value of your case:
- Did you contribute to your accident?
- How much insurance coverage is available?
- How strong is your negligence case and supporting evidence?
- Do you have a case against more than one party?
- How serious are your injuries?
- Do you need long-term medical care?
- Are you able to return to your job?
- How will the accident impact your future quality of life, relationships, hobbies, and more?
The best way to determine this is by scheduling a no fee evaluation with our St. Petersburg injury attorneys. Hire our team so we can help you understand what you may be able to recover in your particular case.
What Damages Can I Recover After a Car Accident?
Florida is a no-fault insurance state. This means after an accident, you typically make a Personal Injury Protection (PIP) claim against your own insurance policy for your damages.
While PIP covers medical bills and lost wages, only 80% of your medical costs are covered and just 60% of your lost earnings up to $10,000. You are limited to just $10,000 in PIP coverage.
If your medical expenses exceed $10,000, or your injuries are considered very serious, you have the right to file a lawsuit against the at-fault driver. This also allows you to seek compensation for the damages you have suffered and at least gain economic security.
There are two broad forms of compensation available in a car accident lawsuit.
Economic damages compensate you for your financial losses.
This includes damages such as:
- Property damage
- Medical bills for treatment you have already received
- Future medical expenses
- Skilled nursing care and rehabilitation
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity or disability
- Other economic losses like home modifications and domestic services
You can also seek compensation for non-economic damages. These compensate you for your personal, non-financial losses such as pain and suffering, emotional distress, disfigurement or scarring, mental anguish, and reduced enjoyment of life.
Am I Still Entitled to Compensation if I’m Being Blamed for a Car Accident?
Many crashes involve shared fault with few cases so clear-cut to definitively assign fault to just one party. If you are partially at fault for your crash, you are still entitled to recover money for your damages thanks to Florida’s pure comparative negligence rule.
This rule assigns 0% to 100% liability to all parties involved in the crash. Your recovery will be reduced by the percentage of fault you are assigned.
Sharing 35% of the blame means your financial award will be reduced by 35%. At the same time, you’ll be liable for 35% of damages sustained by other parties, including insurance companies.
Be aware that insurance companies and defendants may try to shift blame to reduce their own liability. An experienced car accident attorney will help you fight back against these tactics to get you the maximum compensation you deserve.
What Types of Injuries Are Caused By Florida Car Accidents?
At Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers, we recognize just how severe a car accident can be. You may be left with injuries that affect you for the rest of your life or the loss of a loved one.
Our legal team represents victims who have suffered serious injuries including:
- Soft tissue injuries
- Eye injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Chest injuries
- Crush injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Catastrophic injuries
- Traumatic amputation
- Wrongful death
Contact our legal team today for a free consultation with a car accident attorney in St. Petersburg. We will help you fight back against an insurance company trying to minimize your injuries.
What Causes Most Car Accidents in St. Petersburg, Florida?
St. Petersburg police recently identified several factors that are contributing to a rise in fatal car wrecks in the city.
- Pedestrians who are not using crosswalks
- Other drivers
- Aggressive driving
- Distracted driving
- Speeding, and
- Motorcyclists who are not wearing helmets.
While police point to these factors for the rise in fatalities, many factors may be involved in St. Pete car wrecks such as:
- Failure to yield the right-of-way
- Improper lane change or use
- Fatigued driving
- Drunk driving
- Defective vehicle components
If you have been hurt in a car accident, an experienced St. Petersburg auto accident attorney will help demonstrate how your crash happened. Establishing causation is critical for proving negligence and recovering the compensation you deserve.
If you find yourself in a situation where your health is on the line due to someone else’s negligence, they are required to pay and help you receive the compensation you deserve.
Start your legal process now by calling one of our personal injury attorneys, we are happy to answer all your questions and provide you with the information you need, you can reach us by email or at (727) 349-1728
We Handle All Types of Car Accident Cases in St. Petersburg
Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers has extensive experience handling all types of car accident claims.
Our attorneys provide legal representation in all car accident cases, including:
- St. Petersburg Rear-End Crash Lawyer
- St. Petersburg Head-On Crash Lawyer
- St. Petersburg Distracted Driving Accident Lawyer
- St. Petersburg DUI Accident Lawyer
- St. Petersburg Left-Turn Accidents Lawyer
- St. Petersburg Parking Lot Accident Lawyer
- St. Petersburg Speeding Accident Lawyer
- Rollover wrecks
- Side-impact wrecks
- Multi-vehicle collisions
- St. Petersburg Intersection Accident Lawyer
- St. Petersburg Highway Crash Lawyer
- Yellow and red light wrecks
- Lane Change Crashes in St. Petersburg
- St. Petersburg Hit and Run Accident Lawyer
- Uninsured motorist accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Truck accidents
- A motorcycle accident
No matter how your accident occurred, a car accident attorney from our legal team is ready to protect your rights and help you build your case. Contact our legal team to discuss your case and how we can help. Go here to view all client testimonials.
How Do I Prove Negligence After a Car Accident?
To win your case, you must prove negligence by a preponderance of the evidence. This means you must show it was more likely than not that the other party was careless or otherwise breached their duty of care to you and caused your injuries.
Proving negligence can be more complicated than it sounds. It involves establishing the defendant owed you a duty of care, breached it, and, as a result, caused your injury.
A skilled St. Petersburg attorney will build your case based on as much evidence as possible including:
- Expert testimony
- Witness statements
- Photos and video of the scene of the accident
- Medical records
- Police reports
- Citations related to your crash
- Footage from a dashcam, surveillance camera, or traffic camera
Your lawyer will use this to demonstrate how your accident occurred and who is ultimately at fault.
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit After a Car Accident in Florida?
Florida law creates a strict four-year statute of limitations for filing a lawsuit after an accident. This deadline applies to personal injury cases and it begins on the date of your accident or when your injuries are discovered.
Note that some factors can increase or decrease the amount of time you have to file. If your claim is against a government entity, you have just months to file a claim for compensation. If the accident resulted in a fatality, surviving family members have just two years to bring a wrongful death case.
The statute of limitations may be tolled or paused if the at-fault party can’t be found, leaves the state, or faces criminal charges.
It’s crucial to begin working on your case as soon as possible, in order to avoid delays which can make it challenging to gather the evidence you need to prove causation and your damages. If you have any questions call us for a no-charge case review with one of our injury attorneys in St. Petersburg as soon as possible to preserve your case.
We serve throughout Pinellas County
- Feather Sound
- Kenneth City
- Madeira Beach
- Palm Harbor
- Pinellas Park
- Safety Harbor
- St Pete Beach
- St Petersburg
- Tarpon Springs
- Tierra Verde
- Treasure Island
For more information on our St. Petersburg law office, click here.
Contact a St. Petersburg Car Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation
Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers has represented car accident victims in St. Petersburg since 1955. Call us today for a free case evaluation with a St. Petersburg car accident attorney. We only charge you if we get you a favorable settlement or award. We are committed to seeking the full compensation you need while assisting you with every aspect of your case.
Read more of our client reviews here.
Car Accident Infographic
Local Auto Repair Shops
- Victory Automotive Service – 3001 Dr M.L.K. Jr St N, St. Petersburg, FL 33704
- JB Import Automotive Repair, Bosch Car Service Center – 387 16th St N St, St. Petersburg, FL 33705
- Andy’s Automotive, Inc. – 2800 5th Ave S, St. Petersburg, FL 33712
- J.C. Automotive Service, Inc. – 6101 Dr. M.L.K. Jr St S, St. Petersburg, FL 33705
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website.
Local Car Accident Resources
- Distracted Driving by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Safe Driving Toolkit by the National Safety Council
- Vehicle Safety Resources by the U.S. Department of Transportation
- Road Safety by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
Car Accident Blog Posts
- How Long After a Car Accident in St. Petersburg, FL Can You Claim Compensation for Your Injuries?
- What to Do After a Car Accident in St. Petersburg [Step-by-Step Guide]
- The True Dangers of Falling Asleep While Driving
- What Are The Odds Of Dying In A Car Crash?
Our personal injury law firm in St. Petersburg, FL also provides:
- Aviation Accident Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Brain Injury Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Construction Accident Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Dog Bite Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Medical Malpractice Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Premises Liability Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Slip and Fall Accident Attorneys in St. Petersburg, FL
- Social Security Disability Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Truck Accident Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Uber Accident Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Workers’ Compensation Attorneys in St. Petersburg, FL
- Workplace Accident Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Wrongful Death Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL