Were you injured in a Lyft accident in St. Petersburg, Florida? You could be entitled to compensation to cover the medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering caused by your crash. When you call Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers, you’ll benefit from 300+ years of combined legal experience on your side. As the first personal injury law firm in Tampa Bay, we are well-known and well-respected in the region–for our results (over $675 million recovered and counting).
And don’t worry–you can afford premier legal representation from our St. Petersburg Lyft accident lawyers. That’s because we work on a contingent fee basis. Our fee is collected from whatever we recover on your behalf, so if we don’t win, you don’t pay.
There’s no reason to wait, if you have also been involved in a slip and fall accident, St. Petersburg pedestrian incident, dog bite injury, brain injury case, or any other, contact us today at (727) 349-1728 for a free consultation at our St. Petersburg office.
Table of Contents
How Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Lyft Accident in St. Petersburg
Our experienced St. Petersburg personal injury lawyers have the know-how, resources, and skill to fight for the maximum possible award while minimizing the stress to you. We’ve done just that for countless clients over the years.
When you hire our St. Petersburg, FL law firm, we’ll:
- Investigate your rideshare accident and identify all potentially liable parties
- Handle your case from beginning to end, keeping you informed every step of the way
- Determine the value of all applicable insurance policies
- Calculate your damages to cover all of your physical, financial, and emotional losses
- Negotiate for a fair settlement
- Send a trial lawyer to represent you in court if the insurance company refuses to offer an acceptable settlement
We’ve been doing this for decades. We have what it takes, and we know how to win. We’re ready to start fighting for you today–your initial consultation is free, so call now.
How Common Are Lyft Accidents?
Uber and Lyft are private, for-profit companies, so they don’t broadcast their crash rates. Rideshares may have hoped to reduce traffic congestion, but they don’t seem to have met that goal. Instead, it seems that people are taking Uber and Lyft instead of public transportation. Rideshares are putting more–not less–traffic on the roads, and with more traffic often comes more accidents.
Although Lyft may reduce the number of drunk drivers, some studies indicate that rideshares contribute to a 2-3% increase in traffic crashes–and the injuries and fatalities that go along with those wrecks.
In Pinellas County in 2021, there were 16,459 traffic accidents–roughly 45 every day. That’s a significant increase (15%) from the 14,313 in 2020 (about 39 per day). In 2022, there have already been 7,633 crashes (about 42 a day). So far, that’s fewer on average than in 2021 but still higher than in 2020. It’s hard to say how many of these are Lyft crashes, but we know that rideshares like Uber and Lyft contribute to more cars on the road, and they’re included in these numbers.
What Causes Lyft Accidents?
Like most car accidents, many Lyft crashes are caused by someone’s carelessness or recklessness. Rideshare drivers have added risks, such as driving in unfamiliar areas, rushing to get fares, constantly using an app while driving, and dealing with unpredictable passengers.
Common reasons for Lyft accidents are:
- Distracted driving
- Aggressive driving
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Driving while drowsy
- Running red lights
- Failure of safety or other essential equipment
- Passenger negligence
We commonly find more than one cause of a crash. When more than one party is responsible, it’s important to identify each party’s responsibility for the accident. Every party will have liability assigned to them and will have to pay accordingly.
Who is Liable for a Lyft Accident?
It will almost never be Lyft itself, although it could be, depending on the circumstances. For example, if a driver had a DUI record and Lyft didn’t catch it or let them drive anyway, you might have a case against Lyft.
That said, common liable parties in a Lyft crash include:
- Lyft driver
- Another driver
- Lyft passenger
- Government entity
Every case is unique, and we won’t know for sure who might be liable until we review your case.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our St. Petersburg Lyft Accident Lawyers
If you or a loved one were injured in a Lyft crash in Tampa Bay, we can help you assert your legal right to compensation. Our St. Petersburg Lyft accident lawyers have a winning track record, and we’ve recovered compensation for our clients in even the most complex and hard-fought cases.
We’re the oldest personal injury firm in Tampa Bay, and we’ve been committed solely to helping victims of preventable accidents since 1955. Call now for a free case evaluation.
Our personal injury law firm in St. Petersburg, FL also provides:
- Assault Injury Attorney in St. Petersburg, FL
- Aviation Accident Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Boating Accident Attorneys in St.Petersburg, FL
- Brain Injury Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Bus Accident Attorney in St. Petersburg, FL
- Car Accident Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Catastrophic Injury Lawyer in St. Petersburg, FL
- Child Injury Attorney in St. Petersburg, FL
- Commercial Vehicle Accidents Attorneys in St. Petersburg, FL
- Construction Accident Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Cruise Ship Accident Attorney in St. Petersburg, FL
- Dog Bite Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Electric Scooter Accident Lawyer in St. Petersburg, FL
- Lump Sum Settlements Lawyer in St. Petersburg, FL
- Maritime Accident Attorney in St. Petersburg, FL
- Medical Malpractice Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Negligent Security Lawyer in St. Petersburg, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Premises Liability Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Product Liability Lawyer in St. Petersburg, FL
- Slip and Fall Accident Attorneys in St. Petersburg, FL
- Social Security Disability Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Truck Accident Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Uber Accident Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Workers’ Compensation Attorneys in St. Petersburg, FL
- Workplace Accident Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Wrongful Death Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL