Have you been injured in a slip and fall accident in Clearwater, Florida? These accidents can result in serious injuries and even wrongful death. If your accident occurred on someone else’s property, you may be able to seek compensation for medical bills and other relevant losses thanks to Florida’s premises liability laws. The Clearwater slip and fall accident lawyers at Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers can help.
Our law firm has helped injured individuals and families involved in catastrophic injuries, Clearwater product liability cases, medical malpractice, and Clearwater child injuries recover life-changing compensation since 1955. We use our 300+ years of combined experience to get you the treatment you need and recover the damages you deserve.
Table of Contents
How Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Slip and Fall Accident in Clearwater
The consequences of a slip and fall accident in Clearwater, Florida, can be significant. Your injuries will potentially require expensive medical treatment. Likewise, you may lose wages if the slip and fall accident prevents you from returning to work until you recover.
You might also have to deal with pain, diminished quality of life, and various other struggles. Don’t add to your difficulties by attempting to pursue compensation on your own; our Clearwater personal injury lawyers can help. We’ve recovered hundreds of millions of dollars for injured clients like you.
Hire our award-winning legal team, and we will:
- Gather evidence to file a thorough claim
- Calculate how much your claim may be worth
- Negotiate with at-fault parties and insurance companies instead of accepting low offers
- Handle paperwork and administrative tasks
- Represent you in court if necessary
After a Clearwater slip and fall accident, your physical recovery should be your main priority. Let us focus on your financial recovery. Contact the Clearwater slip and fall attorneys at Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers for a free consultation to discuss your premises liability case.
How Common Are Slip and Fall Accidents in Clearwater, Florida?
Data relating to slip and fall accidents resulting from negligence is limited. However, according to the Florida Department of Health, unintentional falls resulted in 62,541 hospitalizations for non-fatal injuries in 2012.
Data indicates that unintentional falls are the top cause of hospitalization for non-fatal injuries among Floridians every year. Slips and falls are also common injuries for elderly persons and workers.
What is My Slip and Fall Case Worth?
Various factors influence how much your Clearwater slip and fall accident claim may be worth, including:
- The cost of your medical bills (which may include estimating the cost of future care)
- Lost wages
- The impact of your injuries and losses on your quality of life, employability, etc.
A qualified Clearwater personal injury attorney can assess the extent of your injuries and losses to determine how much you should request from an at-fault party or their insurer. Without a slip and fall lawyer, an at-fault party may try to convince you that your claim is worth less than you deserve.
What Kinds of Damages Are Available to Slip and Fall Accident Victims?
Personal injury victims are typically entitled to two forms of compensation: economic damages and non-economic damages.
Economic damages compensate for your financial losses after an accident. You can typically pursue compensation for your:
- Medical bills, including future medical costs
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
- Household services
- Other financial losses
Depending on the circumstances, you may also be able to seek compensation for non-economic losses, such as pain and suffering. Insurance companies don’t want claimants to know this.
You may be entitled to compensation for personal, non-financial losses like:
- Pain and Suffering
- Emotional Distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Disfigurement or scarring
- And more
Calculating the dollar value of these damages requires specialized methods. This is yet another way in which our Clearwater slip and fall attorneys can help. If you can be compensated for non-financial losses, we’ll factor those in when determining how much money to request when filing a claim.
Can I Recover Compensation if I’m Being Blamed for a Slip and Fall Accident in Florida?
Under Florida law, the amount of compensation you may receive after a slip and fall accident could depend on whether your own negligence played a role in the accident. At-fault parties and insurance companies often try to reduce their liability by claiming a victim caused their own accident.
Examples of this tactic include arguing that a victim was injured because:
- They were on a part of the property they should not have been on
- They weren’t paying attention to their surroundings
- They chose footwear that wasn’t suited to the environment or situation
- They ignored a hazard that should have been obviously noticeable
However, you can recover compensation for your accident even if you are partially at fault. But your damages will be reduced to account for your share of blame. Contact a Clearwater personal injury lawyer if someone is blaming you for your injuries.
We’ll Fight to Recover Compensation for All Your Slip and Fall Injuries
Our goal at Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers is to maximize your chances of recovering compensation for all your applicable losses and injuries.
Common slip and fall injuries include:
- Head trauma
- Broken or fractured bones
- Soft tissue damage
- Spinal cord injuries
- Neck injuries
Injuries to the hands, wrists, and arms are particularly common in slip and fall accidents. Our natural impulse when falling is to stretch our arms in an attempt to grab onto something. This instinct can actually cause injury when someone lands on their hands or arms.
Some slip and fall injuries can also have long-term negative consequences. For example, head trauma may result in mood disorders or memory problems. A spinal cord injury could permanently limit your mobility.
What Causes Most Slip and Fall Accidents in Clearwater, FL?
Slip and fall accidents in Clearwater tend to be the result of negligence on the part of a property owner, manager, or similar party, such as the owner of the business where the accident occurred.
Slips and falls often happen due to:
- Wet floors
- Broken or loose flooring or steps
- Missing or damaged handrails
- Items that have fallen to the floor or ground
Just be aware that you have to prove negligence to recover compensation successfully. An at-fault party’s insurer will deny your claim if you can’t provide evidence showing negligence caused your accident.
We’ll review your case carefully to determine whether you have grounds to seek compensation. If you do, we’ll leverage our 65 years of experience and resources to help you prove negligence. Likewise, we’ll pursue every cent of your damages.
How Do I Prove Negligence After a Slip and Fall Accident in Florida?
Most slip and fall claims are based on negligence. You’ll have to prove the property owner was negligent to recover compensation for your injuries.
Proving negligence after a slip and fall accident in Florida can be challenging. You’ll have to show the following:
- The property owner owed you a duty of care to fix or warn you of a dangerous condition on their property
- They breached the duty of care
- This breach caused your injuries
- You suffered damages
A property owner’s duty of care will depend on why you were on the property. Property owners typically do not owe trespassers a duty of care.
Property owners such as businesses and restaurants owe their invited guests, also called “invitees,” a high duty of care. Invitees are on the premises for a business purpose that benefits the property owner/manager. Under this duty, the property owner must regularly inspect their premises for dangers, fix known hazards, or warn you of the hazard if it can’t be fixed immediately.
Property owners such as homeowners or renters owe their guests, also called licensees or social guests, a duty to warn of known hazards. Licensees are on the property with the permission of the owner for a social, non-business purpose. Under this duty, property owners do not have a duty to inspect or repair dangerous conditions for the benefit of guests.
Our Clearwater slip and fall accident will help your prove the property owner was negligent by:
- Acquiring and reviewing security camera footage
- Reviewing photos of the scene
- Identifying and interviewing witnesses
- Researching past similar incidents involving the same negligent parties
- Coordinating with doctors to show your injuries resulted from your accident
Remember, now is the time to focus on your recovery. Our Clearwater personal injury law firm will handle gathering additional evidence to show another party’s negligence caused your slip and fall.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit After a Slip and Fall Accident in Florida?
Don’t wait to contact us after a slip and fall accident in Clearwater. Generally, you have four years from the date of your accident to take legal action. If you miss the deadline, you cannot typically recover damages for your accident.
At Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers, we’ll keep track of all filing deadlines and ensure you don’t lose your much-needed compensation on a technicality.
Contact Our Clearwater Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers for a Free Consultation
If you’ve been injured in a Clearwater slip and fall accident, Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers is here to help. Our Clearwater slip and fall accident lawyers have earned numerous awards thanks to our aggressive, results-driven approach.
Call us today or contact us online to schedule your free consultation with one of our elite personal injury lawyers.
Our Clearwater, FL personal injury law firm also provides:
- Assault Injury Lawyer in Clearwater, FL
- Aviation Accident Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Bad Faith Insurance Attorney in Clearwater, FL
- Bicycle Accident Attorneys in Clearwater, FL
- Boating Accident Lawyer in Clearwater, FL
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Bus Accident Attorney in Clearwater, FL
- Car Accident Attorneys in Clearwater, FL
- Catastrophic Injury Lawyer in Clearwater, FL
- Child Injury Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Commercial Vehicle Accident Attorney in Clearwater, FL
- Cruise Ship Accident Attorneys in Clearwater, FL
- Dog Bite Lawyer in Clearwater, FL
- Electric Scooter Accident Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Lyft Accident Attorney in Clearwater, FL
- Maritime Accident Attorneys in Clearwater, FL
- Medical Benefits Lawyer in Clearwater, FL
- Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Clearwater, FL
- Negligent Security Attorneys in Clearwater, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Clearwater, FL
- Premises Liability Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Product Liability Attorney in Clearwater, FL
- Recreational Vehicle Accident Lawyer in Clearwater, FL
- Sexual Assault Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Social Security Disability Attorney in Clearwater, FL
- Taxi Accident Lawyer in Clearwater, FL
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Uber Accident Attorney in Clearwater, FL
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in Clearwater, FL
- Workplace Accident Attorneys in Clearwater, FL
- Wrongful Death Lawyers in Clearwater, FL