Have you recently been injured in a car accident in Clearwater, Florida, where someone was driving under the influence (DUI)? If so, you may have a legitimate claim for damages against those responsible for your injury. Our accomplished Clearwater DUI accident lawyers can help you get the justice and compensation you deserve.
At Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers, we understand how angry and frustrated you must be after being injured in a DUI accident. Knowing your injuries could have been prevented if others had conducted themselves responsibly is difficult to handle. Our car accident lawyers have been through this with many injured clients, and we’ve earned a reputation for success.
Contact us at our law offices in Clearwater at (727) 796-8282 and schedule a free consultation with our experienced personal injury team. Let us deal with the legal matters so you can rest and recover. Our firm operates on a contingency fee basis, which means you don’t owe us anything unless we win.
Table of Contents
How Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers, Can Help After a DUI Accident in Clearwater, FL
DUI accidents can cause major injuries, both physical and emotional. On top of that, there’s a financial toll as medical bills and other expenses start to rise. A Clearwater personal injury lawyer can help you recover the compensation you need to heal and get back to your life.
At Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers, we focus solely on personal injury law and we know it inside and out. That’s what makes us so good. We’ve taken clients’ cases to the Florida Supreme Court and even the United States Supreme Court. We stop at nothing when it comes to helping our clients get justice.
As part of our commitment to exceptional legal representation, you can count on us to:
- Sit down with you to hear your side of the story
- Investigate the accident so we know exactly what happened and who may be liable
- Review evidence such as medical reports and eyewitness statements
- Handle all communications with hospitals and insurance companies
- Manage the paperwork involved in filing your claim
- Keep you updated and ensure you’re part of the process
- Work to get you a worthy settlement
- Represent you at trial if the insurance companies won’t settle
You don’t have to go through any of this alone, nor should you. The stakes are high in cases like this, and it helps to have legal professionals on your side. Call our Clearwater, Florida law office today to get started. Your first consultation is completely free.
Are DUI Accidents Common in Clearwater, Florida?
Florida is unfortunately known for its high number of drunk driving accidents. The drunk driving rate and the number of people killed in the state is greater than the national average. Due to its drunk driving problem, Florida has tough laws and penalties for those who drive under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Here are a few sobering facts about drunk driving in Florida:
- From 2009 – 2018, 7,573 people were killed in accidents involving a drunk driver
- Drivers with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) above Florida’s legal limit of 0.08% are considered alcohol-impaired
- Ignition interlocks are required for convicted repeat offenders and first-time convicted offenders with particularly high BACs
- Sobriety checkpoints in Florida allow police to stop vehicles at visible locations to check for driver impairment
- Most drunk drivers in Florida are between the ages of 21 and 34
- 5.9% of drivers under the influence are male; 1.8% are female
With over 10,000 people dying in DUI accidents every year across the United States, it’s no wonder Florida takes the tough measures it does. Fortunately, the state’s efforts seem to be working and drunk driving numbers are beginning to improve.
How Does Alcohol Affect Driving Ability?
While the effect that alcohol has on a person’s system and their ability to drive can depend on a number of factors, there are some general measures of what to expect if your BAC is at certain levels.
The following guidelines show the typical effect of standard drinks at various levels of BAC:
- 0.02% – Decline in visual functions, inability to divide attention, mood changes, judgment somewhat impaired. This level is usually the equivalent of two drinks.
- 0.05% – Lack of coordination, difficulty steering the vehicle, delayed response in emergency situations, reduced levels of alertness, lowered inhibitions. This level is usually the equivalent of three drinks.
- 0.08% – Inability to process information, short-term memory loss, reduced perception, slow speech, reduced vision, reduced reaction time, and decline in ability to recognize danger. This is the legal limit in Florida and most states.
- 0.10% – Inability to brake properly and stay within lanes, speech slurred, poor control and coordination. This level is usually the equivalent of five drinks.
- 0.15% – Substantial impairment. This level is usually the equivalent of seven drinks.
With even two drinks causing some reduction in critical functions, it’s wise to take every precaution to avoid driving a vehicle after drinking. When people don’t take those precautions, it can result in DUI accidents that injure victims like you.
You shouldn’t have to pay for another’s negligence. Our DUI accident attorneys in Clearwater will do everything we can to hold the responsible parties accountable for what happened to you.
Common Injuries in DUI Accidents In Clearwater, Florida
Every accident is different, and the types of injuries involved depend on a number of factors, including the location of the accident, the speed and type of vehicles, and seat belt use. However, some injuries are fairly common in crashes such as DUI accidents.
Injuries that may occur include:
- Bone fractures and breaks
- Spinal cord injuries
- Brain injuries
- Burn Injuries
- Cuts and scrapes
- Airbag injuries
- Internal bleeding
- Organ damage
If you’re suffering from the above injuries as the result of a DUI accident, don’t hesitate to call our personal injury law firm as soon as possible. We will work to secure you a financial award to help with your injuries and recovery.
We Handle All Types of Auto Accidents in Clearwater, FL
Our law firm handles all types of car accident cases involving:
- Distracted Driving Accidents
- Head-on Crashes
- Highway Crashes
- Hit and run Accidents
- Lane change crashes
- Left-turn Crashes
- Multi-vehicle Collisions
- Single Vehicle Accidents
- Intersection Accidents
- Parking Lot Accidents
- Rear-end Crashes
- Red and Yellow Light Accidents
- Road Defects Accidents
- Rollover Accidents
- U-turn Accidents
Contact a Clearwater, FL Auto Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation
Any car accident can be tragic and traumatic, but one that happened because of a drunk driver is especially hard to deal with. You shouldn’t have to go through any of this alone. Our legal team is at your disposal and is prepared to represent you against any and all parties who were negligent and caused your injuries.
Call Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers, to speak with an experienced Clearwater DUI accident attorney today.
Your first consultation is absolutely free and you pay nothing unless we’re able to secure a financial award. You have nothing to lose by reaching out to us to learn more about how we can help you.