Have you recently been injured in an accident involving a commercial vehicle in Clearwater, Florida? Don’t hesitate to call Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers. Our experienced Clearwater commercial vehicle accident lawyers can help you fight to get the compensation you need and deserve to cover medical expenses, lost wages, and other crash-related damages.
Since 1955, Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers has been a passionate and dedicated advocate for victims of commercial vehicle accidents in Clearwater, FL. As award-winning Florida litigators, we’ve successfully secured hundreds of millions of dollars on behalf of clients involved in motorcycle accidents, Clearwater taxi accidents, truck accidents, wrongful death, and more
Table of Contents
How Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Commercial Vehicle Accident in Clearwater, FL
Why and how did your commercial vehicle accident happen? Is the driver of the commercial truck at fault? What if multiple parties are to blame? What kind of evidence will you need to prove liability and win your case? How can you know if the defendant’s settlement offer is fair?
Take this time to focus on your recovery and let our Clearwater personal injury lawyers handle issues like these.
When you choose Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers, you show the insurance company and at-fault party that you won’t be pushed around, manipulated, or accepting a deal for less than your commercial vehicle injury case is worth.
Count on our trusted team of Florida litigators to:
- Offer advice and guidance throughout the personal injury claims process
- Review results of investigations conducted by local, state, and or federal government agencies
- Coordinate an independent inquiry into your commercial vehicle accident
- Obtain and analyze vehicle black box data, dashcam footage, vehicle maintenance records, driver records, toxicology reports, company hiring and training policies, medical records, and other critical pieces of evidence
- Identify the precise cause(s) of your commercial vehicle accident and establish who could be liable
- Handle settlement negotiations with the owner of the commercial vehicle, its insurance company, and other parties
- File a lawsuit if you’re continually lowballed during negotiations and fight to secure a top-dollar verdict at trial
The consequences of a commercial vehicle accident can be costly. Hiring a lawyer to help you recover much-needed compensation shouldn’t add to the stress you’re under. At Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers, we work on contingency. There’s no cost to ask for our help unless we win your commercial vehicle accident case.
Contact our law office in Clearwater, FL, to arrange a free, no-obligation case assessment now.
What Is a Commercial Vehicle?
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) defines a commercial vehicle as any “self-propelled or towed vehicle used on the highways in interstate commerce to transport passengers or property” that:
- Has a gross vehicle weight rating (GWR) or gross vehicle weight (GVW) of at least 10,001 pounds
- Is designed or used to transport 8 or more passengers for a fee
- Is designed or used to transport 15 or more passengers, or
- Is used to transport hazardous materials.
Many vehicles can fall under this definition, including:
- Big rigs
- Commercial work trucks
- Amazon delivery vans
- Garbage trucks
- Construction vehicles
- Box trucks
- Dump trucks
- Pickup trucks
- Tow trucks
- Tanker truck
At Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers, we have decades of experience representing clients who have been injured in car accidents involving these and other types of commercial vehicles. Put our experience to work for you, and let us help you fight for the financial accountability you deserve.
What Causes Most Commercial Vehicle Accidents?
Despite licensing requirements, state and federal regulations, and other safety precautions, accidents involving commercial vehicles are incredibly common.
Negligence – or a failure to exercise reasonable care – is the leading cause of most commercial vehicle accidents in Clearwater, Florida.
Top causes include:
- Inexperienced operators
- Negligent hiring
- Distracted driving
- Drug and alcohol use
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Overloaded vehicles
- Unbalanced cargo load
- Negligent vehicle maintenance
- Vehicle defects
- Dangerous road conditions and defects
- Fatigued driving
- Illegal passing
It’s important to pinpoint every possible cause of a commercial vehicle accident in Clearwater. Knowing exactly why the accident happened will allow us to determine who caused it and who can be held financially responsible for the resulting damages.
Who Could Be Liable for a Commercial Vehicle Accident in Clearwater?
Commercial vehicle accident cases can be complicated, largely due to the number of parties that could be involved and potentially be responsible for the wreck.
Potentially liable parties might include:
- Commercial vehicle driver: a driver can be liable if their negligence contributes to or causes a wreck
- Driver’s employer: the driver’s employer could be vicariously liable for the driver’s negligence
- Vehicle owner: the owner of the commercial vehicle can be liable for negligent hiring, failing to inspect and maintain the vehicle, or violating state and/or federal regulations
- Commercial vehicle manufacturer: the company responsible for manufacturing the vehicle or any of its components could be liable if the vehicle suffers from a defect
- Government agency: a state, local, or federal agency could be liable if road defects contribute to a commercial vehicle accident
- Third-party motorist: the driver of a passenger vehicle, truck driver, motorcyclist, or another driver on the road can be liable if their negligence contributes to a commercial vehicle accident
Our commercial vehicle accident attorneys in Clearwater will carefully evaluate the circumstances of your case, working hard to identify all potentially liable parties. Once liability is determined, we will aggressively pursue maximum compensation from anyone who directly or indirectly contributed to your accident.
What Types of Damages Can I Get if I’ve Been Injured in a Clearwater Commercial Vehicle Accident?
In Florida, victims of commercial vehicle accidents can potentially pursue compensatory damages through an insurance claim and/or lawsuit.
Compensatory damages include:
- Economic damages to offset monetary costs and losses, and
- Non-economic damages to make up for trauma and suffering.
Through a successful legal claim, you may be able to get money for:
- Amounts paid for current medical bills
- Future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Property damage
- Nursing assistance
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical disfigurement and scarring
- Loss of consortium
- Reduced quality of life
- Funeral and burial expenses if a commercial vehicle accident is fatal
The owner of the commercial vehicle and their insurance company will fight to dictate the terms of your recovery. Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers won’t let that happen. Our Clearwater commercial vehicle accident attorneys will carefully construct a compelling legal claim for damages that’s backed by hard evidence and supported by expert testimony. When it’s time to negotiate, we’ll use tried-and-true strategies to secure a meaningful settlement offer on your behalf.
How Could Contributory Fault Impact My Florida Commercial Vehicle Accident Settlement?
Florida has a system of modified comparative negligence. You cannot recover compensation for injuries sustained in a commercial vehicle accident if you’re 51 percent or more to blame for the wreck.
You can recover a reduced award if you are 50 percent or less to blame.
Damages are reduced proportionately. If you’re 15 percent at fault for a commercial vehicle accident in Clearwater, your damages will be reduced by 15 percent.
Do not be surprised if the negligent commercial vehicle driver and their employer try to blame you for the accident. If they can shift blame, they can limit their liability and minimize your payout.
Protect yourself and your ability to get the compensation you deserve by putting our trusted and experienced commercial truck accident attorneys on the case. We’ll be ready to fend off these claims and fight to get you every cent you deserve.
What Types of Injuries Do Commercial Vehicle Accidents Cause?
Commercial vehicles tend to be much larger, heavier, and more difficult to navigate than other vehicles on the road. When they’re involved in auto accidents, they can do considerable damage. Unfortunately, it’s usually the occupants of smaller vehicles, bicyclists, and pedestrians who suffer the worst consequences.
Some common commercial vehicle accident injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Nerve damage
- Back injury
- Broken bones
- Chest injury
- Internal organ damage
- Crush injury
- Soft tissue damage
- Catastrophic injury
- Wrongful death
Many times, victims of commercial vehicle accidents are transported from the scene to a local hospital in Clearwater. If you are not brought to the hospital, it’s critical that you seek out medical care on your own. These accidents can cause serious injuries, including damage to internal organs. Delaying a visit to the doctor can be dangerous and result in life-threatening complications or death.
How Long Do I Have To File a Lawsuit After an Accident With a Commercial Vehicle in Florida?
In Florida, the majority of commercial vehicle accident lawsuits must be filed within two years of the date of the crash.
If a loved one has died in a fatal commercial vehicle accident in Clearwater, you’ll have two years from their death to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
Make sure you file a claim before the statute of limitations expires. You’ll lose the right to seek damages once the deadline expires.
Schedule a Free Consultation With an Experienced Clearwater Commercial Vehicle Accident Lawyer
Don’t struggle with the consequences of a commercial vehicle accident on your own. You were injured because someone else was negligent. They should be held accountable.
Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers can help you take a stand and fight to get the maximum financial award you deserve.
Call our Clearwater commercial vehicle accident attorneys to learn more. We offer a free consultation, so reach out for help today.
Our personal injury law firm in Clearwater, FL also provides:
- Assault Injury Lawyer in Clearwater, FL
- Aviation Accident Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Bad Faith Insurance Attorney in Clearwater, FL
- Bicycle Accident Attorneys in Clearwater, FL
- Boating Accident Lawyer in Clearwater, FL
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Bus Accident Attorney in Clearwater, FL
- Car Accident Attorneys in Clearwater, FL
- Catastrophic Injury Lawyer in Clearwater, FL
- Child Injury Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Cruise Ship Accident Attorneys in Clearwater, FL
- Dog Bite Lawyer in Clearwater, FL
- Electric Scooter Accident Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Lyft Accident Attorney in Clearwater, FL
- Maritime Accident Attorneys in Clearwater, FL
- Medical Benefits Lawyer in Clearwater, FL
- Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Clearwater, FL
- Negligent Security Attorneys in Clearwater, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Clearwater, FL
- Premises Liability Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Product Liability Attorney in Clearwater, FL
- Recreational Vehicle Accident Lawyer in Clearwater, FL
- Sexual Assault Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Slip and Fall Attorneys in Clearwater, FL
- Social Security Disability Attorney in Clearwater, FL
- Taxi Accident Lawyer in Clearwater, FL
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Uber Accident Attorney in Clearwater, FL
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in Clearwater, FL
- Workplace Accident Attorneys in Clearwater, FL
- Wrongful Death Lawyers in Clearwater, FL