Have you recently sustained injuries in a Lyft car accident in Clearwater, Florida? Call the experienced Clearwater Lyft accident lawyers at Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers for immediate assistance. You may have the right to file a claim for damages, and we can help you fight for a maximum financial award.
When you trust Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers after your rideshare accident, you’ll benefit from a team with over 300 years of combined experience. We’ve been fighting for crash victims in Clearwater and along the Gulf Coast of Florida since 1955, winning over $100 million in the process. We handle accidents involving motorcycle accidents, Clearwater taxi accidents, Clearwater truck accidents, wrongful death, pedestrian accidents, and more.
Table of Contents
How Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After Your Lyft Rideshare Accident in Clearwater, FL
Can you sue Lyft after an accident involving one of its drivers? Whose insurance will cover the costs of your injuries and suffering? What happens if at-fault parties try to deny responsibility for the Lyft crash?
You don’t have to tackle these (and other) important issues on your own. Simply call Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers, and our Clearwater personal injury lawyers will take care of every aspect of your fight for compensation for you.
While you focus on recovering from your rideshare accident injuries, our legal team will:
- Investigate the circumstances of your Lyft accident to determine how it happened, who contribute to the crash, and identify liable parties
- Prepare and submit insurance claims and/or civil lawsuits on your behalf
- Gather evidence that can be used to support your pursuit of compensation
- Handle negotiations with insurance companies and other parties on your behalf
- Bring your Lyft injury case to a jury in Pinellas County if you don’t receive a reasonable settlement offer
Our Clearwater personal injury law firm works on a contingency fee basis. You don’t pay anything unless we win your Lyft accident case. Call to learn more – we’re always standing by to provide the guidance and support you need during this difficult time.
How Do I Recover Compensation If I’ve Been Hurt in a Lyft Accident in Clearwater?
It depends on a) who caused the accident, b) what the Lyft driver was doing at the time of the crash (if they’re at fault), and c) how serious the accident was. Because Florida is a no-fault state for car insurance, you’ll usually go through your own personal injury protection (PIP) coverage after a crash. However, you may have the ability to file a lawsuit for additional damages if your accident meets Florida’s “serious injury” threshold.
In the event of a serious accident, you’ll have to identify the Lyft driver’s status at the time of the crash to determine whose insurance is liable.
If the Lyft driver was off duty, the Lyft driver’s personal insurance company will be responsible for the resulting costs and damages.
If the Lyft driver was using the app and waiting for a ride request, you can submit a claim to the driver’s insurance company and/or seek compensation from Lyft’s insurance provider.
In these situations, Lyft has a limited policy that covers:
- $50,000 per person and $100,000 per accident for bodily injury, and
- $25,000 for property damage.
If the Lyft driver had accepted a ride request, you can potentially seek benefits from Lyft’s million-dollar insurance policy.
Assuming your accident was severe enough, you will always reserve the right to submit a claim to an at-fault party’s insurance company and/or file a lawsuit against a responsible third party (including the negligent Lyft rideshare driver).
What Causes Most Lyft Accidents?
There’s limited research that suggests that car accidents – particularly fatal crashes – have increased since Uber, Lyft, and other rideshare services started operation.
This isn’t to say that rideshare vehicles are directly involved in all of these new accidents, but their presence on the road has apparently made traveling less safe.
Given the fact that Lyft drivers aren’t professionals and are among the most distracted drivers on the road, this isn’t entirely surprising.
Some of the more commonly reported causes of Lyft accidents include:
- Distracted driving
- Fatigued driving
- Drunk driving
- Drugged driving
- Impeding traffic by parking or stopping illegally
- Rolling stops
- Running stop signs and red lights
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Failing to look for pedestrians or bicyclists in an intersection
- Following too closely
- Vehicle malfunctions, often due to negligent maintenance and repair
- Vehicle defects
- Road defects
Our Lyft accident attorneys in Clearwater will carefully evaluate the circumstances of your case and work to identify everything that could have contributed to your crash.
What Damages Are Available to Lyft Accident Victims in Clearwater, FL?
Whether you’re injured as a passenger in the back of a Lyft, while driving another car on the road, or as a pedestrian in a crosswalk, you can generally pursue compensatory damages after a Lyft accident.
Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers will advocate for you and work to recover damages for:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Lost job benefits
- Property damage
- Nursing care
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Reduced quality of life
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
If the Lyft accident happened because someone acted with a conscious disregard for your safety or tried to hurt you intentionally, a jury in Pinellas County might decide that punitive damages should be awarded to you, too.
How Much Is My Lyft Injury Case Worth?
It’s one of the most common questions our personal injury attorneys in Clearwater get – how much is my accident case worth? In truth, we can’t tell you how much money you’re likely to get until we dig into the details of your case.
However, there are many factors that will be relevant as we assess the value of your case.
- Are you getting blamed for the Lyft accident?
- What injuries did you suffer in the crash?
- Do your doctors expect you to make a full recovery?
- Has your earning capacity changed since you got hurt?
- Did the accident aggravate any pre-existing medical conditions?
- Did you mitigate your injuries?
- How old are you?
As a general rule, Lyft injury cases involving catastrophic injuries tend to be worth the most. However, every situation is unique. The best way to maximize your financial recovery is by enlisting the help of a respected Lyft accident attorney near you in Clearwater. Call Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers to set up a free case assessment today.
Helping You Seek Compensation for All of Your Lyft Accident Injuries
Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers is here to help you seek compensation for all of the injuries you or a loved one has sustained in a Clearwater Lyft accident in Pinellas County.
Call us for help if you’ve suffered:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Dental injury
- Trauma to the eyes and face
- Cuts and lacerations
- Nerve damage
- Spinal cord injury
- Back injury
- Neck injury
- Broken bones
- Soft tissue damage
- Crush injury
- Chest injury
- Wrongful death of a family member after a fatal Lyft accident in Clearwater.
Make sure you get to the nearest hospital in Clearwater right after your collision. Medical treatment can minimize the risk of complications. Your visit can also help to establish time-stamped proof of your injuries, which can be helpful in establishing a link between the accident and the trauma you’ve endured. This will be instrumental if you decide to file a lawsuit and have to prove that someone else’s negligence caused you to get hurt.
Is There a Time Limit For Filing a Florida Lyft Accident Lawsuit?
Yes. Florida’s statute of limitations sets the deadlines for when lawsuits must be filed by. By default, if your Lyft accident occurred on or after 3/24/2023, you’ll have two years to file a lawsuit; otherwise, you’ll have four years.
If a family member has been killed in a fatal rideshare accident in Clearwater, you’ll have two years from the date of their death to pursue compensation.
Once the statute of limitations expires, so does your opportunity to recover the compensation you need and deserve. However, there are exceptions to each of these deadlines in some cases.
Protect your rights and put yourself in the position to win your case by contacting Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers shortly after your Lyft accident.
Schedule a Free Consultation With a Respected Clearwater Lyft Accident Lawyer
You deserve to be compensated for your medical expenses, loss of income, and emotional distress if you’ve recently suffered injuries in an Uber or Lyft accident in Clearwater, FL.
Fortunately, you don’t have to navigate a personal injury claim on your own. The Clearwater Lyft accident lawyers at Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers are here to help you every step of the way.
In fact, we’ll take on your fight for compensation so that you can concentrate on getting better.
We’ve won more than $100 million for injury victims like you – and we’ll do everything in our power to get you the best results in your case, too.
Your first consultation is free, so reach out to our law office in Clearwater to arrange a time for your case evaluation today.
Visit Our Personal Injury Law Office in Clearwater, FL
Our personal injury law firm in Clearwater, FL also provides:
- Assault Injury Lawyer in Clearwater, FL
- Aviation Accident Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Bad Faith Insurance Attorney in Clearwater, FL
- Bicycle Accident Attorneys in Clearwater, FL
- Boating Accident Lawyer in Clearwater, FL
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Bus Accident Attorney in Clearwater, FL
- Car Accident Attorneys in Clearwater, FL
- Catastrophic Injury Lawyer in Clearwater, FL
- Child Injury Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Commercial Vehicle Accident Attorney in Clearwater, FL
- Cruise Ship Accident Attorneys in Clearwater, FL
- Dog Bite Lawyer in Clearwater, FL
- Electric Scooter Accident Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Maritime Accident Attorneys in Clearwater, FL
- Medical Benefits Lawyer in Clearwater, FL
- Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Clearwater, FL
- Negligent Security Attorneys in Clearwater, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Clearwater, FL
- Premises Liability Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Product Liability Attorney in Clearwater, FL
- Recreational Vehicle Accident Lawyer in Clearwater, FL
- Sexual Assault Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Slip and Fall Attorneys in Clearwater, FL
- Social Security Disability Attorney in Clearwater, FL
- Taxi Accident Lawyer in Clearwater, FL
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Uber Accident Attorney in Clearwater, FL
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in Clearwater, FL
- Workplace Accident Attorneys in Clearwater, FL
- Wrongful Death Lawyers in Clearwater, FL