Traffic accidents involving multiple cars are some of the most dangerous types of vehicle crashes. Chain reaction crashes can result in catastrophic injuries and death. As each vehicle crashes into the other cars, the accident victims may sustain additional injuries.
Multi-car vehicle crashes can become complicated legal battles because of the number of parties involved in the accident. At Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers, our Clearwater multi-vehicle crash attorneys have decades of experience handling accidents involving multiple vehicles. We understand the complex issues that can arise in these types of personal injury cases. And we can get you the money you deserve after your accident.
Contact our Clearwater law firm at (727) 796-8282 to request a free consultation with our car accident attorneys. It does not cost you anything to receive legal advice from experienced personal injury lawyers in Clearwater, Florida.
Table of Contents
Our Clearwater Car Accident Lawyers Will Help You Put the Pieces Back Together After a Multi-Vehicle Accident
Multi-vehicle crashes can sandwich you between multiple insurers and multiple negligent drivers. It can be hard to get the compensation you need as the insurers deflect blame to each other. You need experienced legal representation to level the playing field.
Our award-winning Clearwater personal injury attorneys have over 300 years of combined legal experience.
We have recovered tens of millions of dollars for our clients since 1955. Our legal team has the experience, skills, and resources to mount an aggressive fight to get you the money you deserve.
When you hire Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers to handle your case, you can expect us to:
- Conduct an independent investigation into the cause of the multi-vehicle collision
- Identify each of the factors that contributed to the cause of the crash to determine the parties at fault
- Document your injuries and damages to calculate the maximum value of your injury claim
- Consult with accident reconstructionists and other experts, as needed to sort out liability and fault for a multiple vehicle accident
- File claims with insurance companies and negotiate settlements with each insurance company involved in the case
- Monitor deadlines for filing claims and lawsuits
- Provide case updates and support throughout the case
If you are injured in a multi-vehicle crash, we will fight to recover fair and just compensation for your injuries.
Contact Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers now to learn more about what we can do for you.
Why Do Multi-Vehicle Crashes Occur In Clearwater, FL?
Multi-vehicle accidents occur on interstates, highways, city streets, and urban roads.
However, they are more prevalent in areas with high volumes of traffic. Congested traffic can be a significant factor in causing multi-car pileups.
Other factors that could contribute to the cause of multi-car crashes include:
- Poor weather conditions, including heavy rain
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Road defects
- Fatigued and drowsy driving
- Improper left-turns
- Intersection accidents
- Running a red or yellow light
Rear-end crashes can often result in a chain-reaction collision where several cars may slam into the car in front of them. Intersections are common sites of multi-vehicle accidents as other vehicles strike vehicles involved in a failure to yield the right of way accident.
Multi-Car Accidents Cause Traumatic Injuries and Damages In Florida
Because there are multiple impacts as several vehicles involved in a crash collide, the risk of severe injuries increases with each new collision. The individuals in the vehicles are subjected to repeated forceful impacts. The vehicle occupants may be ejected from the vehicle, crushed as the vehicles collide, or subjected to blunt force trauma inside the vehicle.
Common injuries in multi-vehicle car crashes in Pinellas County include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Amputations and loss of limbs
- Multiple broken bones and fractures
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Severe burns from fires and explosions
- Back, neck, and shoulder injuries
- Lacerations and puncture wounds from flying debris
- Airbag injuries
- Crushing injuries to the torso and limbs
- Wrongful death
Immediate medical attention can mean the difference between life and death or recovery and permanent impairments. Accident victims that might feel “okay” should see a doctor. Some injuries may not present symptoms for a few hours or days following the crash.
Determining Fault for Damages Caused by a Multi-Vehicle Crash In Clearwater, FL
- Reimbursement for loss of income and benefits, including future lost wages and reductions in earning potential
- The cost of past and future medical care and treatment, including personal care and long-term nursing care
- Physical pain and suffering, including permanent impairments and disabilities
- Mental anguish and emotional distress, including depression, PTSD, and anxiety
- Loss of enjoyment of life and reduction in a person’s quality of life
The liability for damages depends on the person’s responsibility for causing the car crash.
Florida’s modified comparative fault law makes each person responsible for damages in proportion to their fault for the car accident. Further, there is a 51% bar to recovery. In other words, if a driver is 40 percent at fault for the cause of a multi-vehicle accident, then the driver is responsible for 40 percent of the damages caused by the accident. However, under state law, victims cannot recover damages in a claim against the at-fault driver or their insurer if they were mostly to blame.
Determining fault is one of the most challenging aspects of a multi-car crash case.
First, each driver’s actions must be carefully analyzed to determine whether their actions contributed to the cause of the collision. Then, a percentage of fault must be assigned to each person who contributed to the cause of the collision.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Clearwater Car Crash Lawyers
You must be careful when interacting with insurance companies and defense attorneys after a car crash that involves multiple vehicles. The things you do and say after an accident can significantly impact the outcome of your case.
Our only priority is protecting your best interest and getting you the best possible settlement for your accident claim.
Call now for your free consultation with a multi-vehicle accident lawyer in Clearwater, Florida.
Our law firm handles all types of car accident cases involving:
- Head-on Crashes
- Hit and run Accidents
- Lane change crashes
- Single Vehicle Accidents
- Parking Lot Accidents
- Rollover Accidents
- U-turn Accidents