If you were injured in a parking lot accident in Clearwater, FL, or the surrounding area, a car accident lawyer from Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers is ready to help you seek the compensation you deserve.
Parking lot accidents can be surprisingly eventful, potentially resulting in injuries, property damage, and sometimes even death. You may be able to recover compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, pain, and suffering, and other losses you incurred.
How Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help
Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers has a long history of success. Our firm was founded in 1955. Since then, our aggressive team of Clearwater car accident lawyers has recovered more than $675 million for our deserving clients. We know the ins and outs of Florida’s car accident laws, including those that involve parking lot accidents. Because we focus exclusively on personal injury cases, we have developed the skills and network necessary to help achieve our clients’ goals.
Our firm is uniquely qualified to assist with your case because:
- We have earned national recognition for our client advocacy and ethics, including receiving an AV rating from Martindale Hubbell and having three attorneys from our firm selected to Super Lawyers and three selected to Super Lawyers Rising Stars list.
- Local publications have taken notice of our accomplishments, evidenced by Tampa Bay Magazine recognizing four of our attorneys as Tampa Bay’s Top Lawyers.
- Three of our attorneys have been board certified by the Florida Bar Association, a distinction that only 2% of all Florida lawyers can boast.
- We have fought for thousands of clients over the year, recovering compensation for them nearing $1 billion.
- We have fought some cases all the way to the Florida Supreme Court and the Supreme Court of the United States, a distinction that only a handful of lawyers in the country can claim.
If you want a lawyer you can trust to fight for the compensation you deserve, contact our firm today to get started on your claim in Clearwater, Florida.
How Common Are Parking Lot Accidents in Florida?
Nationally, approximately 60,000 people are injured, and more than 500 are killed in parking lot accidents each year.
Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles reports that 40,985 parking lot accidents occurred in the state in 2020. These accidents resulted in 26 deaths, 385 incapacitating injuries, 1,935 non-incapacitating injuries, and 4,523 possible injuries.
Overview of Parking Lot Accidents
Here are some important things to know about parking lot accidents in Clearwater and across Florida:
What Is a Parking Lot Accident?
What distinguishes these accidents is that they occur in a parking lot instead of out on a public roadway. Slower speeds are usually involved. However, many parking lot accidents involve pedestrians who are hurt or killed when a vehicle is backing up or parking.
Common Types of Parking Lot Accidents
Some common types of parking lot accidents include:
- Two drivers backing out at the same time and colliding
- One driver pulling out of a space into traffic
- One driver backing out of a space into an oncoming vehicle
- Two drivers trying to park in the same spot and colliding
- A driver backing into a pedestrian
- One driver hits another at a stop sign
Every case is unique. We can give you more information about your legal rights and options when you contact us today.
What Are the Common Causes of Parking Lot Accidents?
The National Safety Council conducted a public opinion poll on driver behaviors in parking lots and found that distracted driving is the primary cause of parking lot accidents. It found that drivers were willing to engage in the following distractions while navigating parking lots:
- Taking phone calls – 66%
- Programming GPS systems – 63%
- Texting – 56%
- Sending or receiving emails – 50%
- Taking photos – 49%
- Watching videos – 49%
- Grooming – 53%
Distractions are particularly dangerous in parking lots where many pedestrians who are killed are young children that are harder to spot. An experienced lawyer can help you hold the negligent driver responsible for the harm they cause.
Common Injuries Involved with Parking Lot Accidents
Parking lot accidents can often cause serious injuries, especially when the victim is a pedestrian. Common injuries involved with parking lot accidents include:
Additionally, a serious parking lot accident can cause victims to suffer limited mobility, pain, and anxiety for years to come.
Who Is Liable for a Parking Lot Accident?
Parking lot accidents can be more complicated than other types of accidents because Florida considers parking lots private property. Because of this, regular traffic laws may not always apply in a parking lot accident, and law enforcement may not respond to the accident, making it more difficult for you to establish fault.
In some cases, the property owner may be partially responsible for the accident if they fail to maintain the property. A knowledgeable Clearwater car accident lawyer from our firm can analyze the circumstances surrounding your collision and explain your rights and how we can help.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Clearwater Parking Lot Accident Lawyers
If you were injured in a rear-end accident, the legal team at Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers can help. Call (727) 513-0684 or contact us online to schedule your free consultation today with a Clearwater parking accident lawyer. We do not charge any legal fees unless we recover compensation for you.