A car accident in Clearwater, FL, can result in significant physical injuries. The airbags may even cause injuries when they deploy during the crash. If the airbags were defective, you could have a product liability claim in addition to a car accident case.
The Clearwater airbag injury lawyers of Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers handle claims involving car crashes or defective airbags.
Contact our law firm in Clearwater to schedule a free consultation with one of our car accident lawyers. We’ll evaluate your case to determine all legal causes of action as we seek compensation for your damages. Call (727) 796-8282 today.
Table of Contents
How Can Our Clearwater Car Accident Lawyers Help You with Your Airbag Injury Case?
Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers has been representing clients in Pinellas County since 1955. Our attorneys have over 300 years of combined experience in car accidents and product liability claims. We’ve recovered tens of millions for accident victims in Florida.
When you hire our award-winning lawyers, you can expect us to:
- Develop an attorney-client relationship that benefits you and your case
- Investigate the cause of your accident injuries to identify the party or parties liable for your damages
- Consult with car accident experts and airbag manufacturing experts to gather evidence
- Document your damages to support the valuation of your claim
- File claims with insurance companies and handle settlement negotiations
- File lawsuits when the other parties refuse to negotiate a fair settlement amount
Our Clearwater car accident lawyers want to help you get the money you deserve. Call now to schedule a time to discuss your motor vehicle accident case with an attorney. Your first appointment is free of charge.
How Often Do Airbags Cause Injuries In Car Accidents In Clearwater, FL?
Many people have heard of the Takata airbag recall. It is the most extensive product recall in history. Over 70 million vehicles have been recalled for defective airbags since 2015. To date, at least 250 injuries and 15 deaths have been linked to defective airbags.
The National Center for Statistics and Analysis reported 284 airbag-related deaths through 2007. However, the report also points out that 24,334 lives were saved because of airbags through the same period.
Airbags reduce the risk of severe injuries and deaths in motor vehicle accidents. However, defective airbags can cause severe injuries and wrongful death. Even airbags that work as intended can cause injuries during a collision.
How Does an Airbag Cause Injuries in a Car Crash?
Airbags deploy to provide a cushion between a person and a steering wheel, dashboard, window, and other objects during a crash. The airbags can prevent the person from being slammed against objects.
However, a defective airbag may not deploy or deploy late. If so, the airbag does not protect passengers from the force of the collision. A person may slam against objects causing broken bones, brain damage, and internal organ damage.
Defective airbags may also send metal and other objects hurling into the car. The objects may cause severe lacerations and other injuries. In some cases, the metal shrapnel has caused deaths.
The chemicals and materials used to construct the airbag and the gases used to inflate airbags have also been known to cause injuries. The sound of the airbag exploding may cause hearing loss.
What Types of Injuries Can Airbags Cause?
A car accident injury caused by an airbag may vary from mild to catastrophic. Airbag-related injuries include, but are not limited to:
- Severe burns, lacerations, and abrasions
- Skin irritation
- Ear damage and hearing loss
- Eye irritation, injuries, and vision loss
- Chest injuries
- Fractured ribs
- Fractures and broken bones
- Traumatic brain damage
- Neck injuries and whiplash
- Death to unborn babies when mothers are seated in the front seat
- Spinal cord injuries
- Internal bleeding and damage to organs
- Scarring and disfigurement
In addition to physical injuries, property damaged by airbags is also common. The airbag may destroy cell phones, electronic devices, and other property in the vehicle.
What Damages Can I Recover for Airbag Injuries in Clearwater, FL?
If an airbag injures you, you could recover compensation for your physical injuries, financial losses, and other damages. Damages commonly included in an airbag injury claim are:
- Medical expenses and bills
- Cost of personal care or nursing care
- Expenses related to physical, vocational, and occupational therapies
- Lost wages, benefits, and other forms of income
- Reduced earning potential
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Permanent scarring, disabilities, impairments, and disfigurement
- Pain and suffering damages
The party responsible for your damages depends on the facts of your case. If the airbag injuries resulted from the collision, the person who caused the crash may be liable for damages.
However, if your injuries resulted from a defective airbag, the manufacturer could be partially liable for damages under product liability laws. Our Clearwater personal injury attorneys can review your case to determine the steps you should take to protect your right to compensation.
Common Auto Accidents in Clearwater, FL We Hande
Our law firm handles all types of car accident cases involving:
- Distracted Driving Accidents
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Head-on Crashes
- Highway Crashes
- Hit and run Accidents
- Lane Change Crashes
- Left-turn Crashes
- Multi-vehicle Collisions
- Single Vehicle Accidents
- Speeding Accidents
- Intersection Accidents
- Parking Lot Accidents
- Rear-end Crashes
- Red and Yellow Light Accidents
- Road Defects Accidents
- Rollover Accidents
- U-turn Accidents
Additional Clearwater Car Accident Resources
Schedule a Free Consultation At Our Clearwater Car Accident Law Firm
Airbags save lives. However, they can also cause traumatic injuries. If you were injured in an accident, contact us to schedule a free consultation with one of our Clearwater car accident attorneys. We’ll help you identify all avenues of compensation for your injuries.
Our Clearwater, FL personal injury law firm also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Brain Injury Accident Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Car Accident Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Dog Bite Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Uber Accident Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Clearwater Medical Malpractice Lawyers
- Clearwater, FL Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Slip and Fall Accidents Attorneys in Clearwater, FL
- Premises Liability Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
- Workers Compensation Attorney in Clearwater, FL
- Wrongful Death Lawyers in Clearwater, FL