If you were injured in an electric scooter accident in St. Petersburg, Florida, you may be entitled to a financial award. Our St. Petersburg electric scooter accident lawyers at Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers can help you get compensation for lost income, medical expenses, emotional distress, and more.
For any type of accident, such as Uber accidents, Lyft crashes, St.Petersburg bicycle incidents, commercial vehicle crashes, or any other your priority should be focusing on healing —not dealing with complex legal issues. Let our experienced personal injury lawyers handle that for you so you can concentrate on recovery.
Table of Contents
How Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help You After an Electric Scooter Accident in St. Petersburg
Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers is a respected and well-established Florida personal injury law firm with a reputation for excellence. For over six decades, we’ve been successfully pursuing justice on behalf of accident victims, and we’ll do the same for you.
Being injured and worrying about financial losses on top of your physical and emotional health can be overwhelming. That’s why you need a trusted personal injury attorney in your corner. While you focus on healing, we’ll take care of the legal matters.
If you choose to hire us to represent you in your electric scooter accident case, here’s what you can expect us to do:
- Investigate the accident site and collect evidence
- Develop a legal strategy in consultation with you
- Deal with all the paperwork involved in filing your claim
- Negotiate with the insurance company
- Keep you informed and ensure you’re involved in major decisions
- Represent you at trial if a settlement cannot be reached
Don’t try to negotiate with the insurance company alone. Their goal is to do everything they can to avoid paying your claim—including taking advantage of you. We know how to push back against insurance companies and fight for a fair settlement.
Contact our St. Petersburg, Florida law offices to speak with our electric scooter accident lawyers. Your first consultation is free, so don’t hesitate to give us a call. We’re available to our clients 24/7.
Overview of St. Petersburg Electric Scooter Accidents
Florida law defines electric scooters as “any vehicle not having a seat or saddle for the use of the rider, designed to travel on not more than three wheels, and not capable of propelling the vehicle at a speed greater than 30 miles per hour on level ground.”
Florida requires that electric scooter drivers be 16 years or older and have a valid driver’s license. Helmets are not mandatory as long as the scooter remains under 30 miles per hour. Riders may operate on bike paths, sidewalks, and even roadways. They’re expected to obey the same traffic laws as bicyclists.
In St. Petersburg, scooter brands such as Bird and Lime offer scooter rentals via a smartphone app. While scooters are a convenient way to get around, questions still swirl around the most effective way to regulate these rental companies.
According to the Journal of the American Medical Association, emergency department data shows that from 2014 to 2018, nearly 40,000 people were injured in accidents involving electric scooters. Over a span of five years, 3,300 people had to be hospitalized for e-scooter injuries.
What Are Common Causes of Electric Scooter Accidents?
Electric scooters are small and lack safety measures or protection. As a result, they’re more susceptible to accidents. Here are some of the common causes of electric scooter accidents:
Florida law allows electric scooters to operate on roadways, which means they share the road with cars, trucks, and other vehicles. Due to their size, scooters are not always easily visible to drivers, which inevitably results in accidents.
With riders as young as 16, inexperience plays a significant role in electric scooter accidents. New riders may have trouble navigating through traffic. Unfortunately, most electric scooter companies don’t offer training or provide guidance to new riders.
Hazardous Road Conditions
Electric scooters operate most effectively when used on flat surfaces. Potholes, construction, uneven roads, and roads with curves that limit visibility are prime conditions for an electric scooter accident.
In some cases, defective or poorly maintained scooters can cause accidents due to faulty brakes or defective motor and steering mechanisms.
What Are Common Electric Scooter Accident Injuries in St. Petersburg?
While electric scooters may not travel at the speeds of larger vehicles, the lack of protection for riders can result in extensive and severe injuries. This is especially true if the rider wasn’t wearing a helmet.
Some common electric scooter accident injuries around Pinellas County include:
- Head injuries
- Broken bones
- Eye injuries
- Bruises and sprains
- Degloving injuries
If you’ve sustained an injury due to an electric scooter accident, contact our St. Petersburg electric scooter lawyers to find out if you may be eligible for compensation.
Contact a St. Petersburg Electric Scooter Accident Lawyer Today
With our skilled personal injury lawyers in your corner, you can trust that your case will be handled with the utmost care. We’re ready to put our experience and knowledge to work for you. Florida limits the amount of time you have to bring a personal injury case, so don’t wait to get started.
Contact Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers to schedule a free initial consultation. We’ll go over your case and explain the legal options available to you. We operate on a contingency fee basis, which means you owe us nothing until we’re able to secure a financial award on your behalf.
Our personal injury law firm in St. Petersburg, FL also provides:
- Assault Injury Attorney in St. Petersburg, FL
- Aviation Accident Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Boating Accident Attorneys in St.Petersburg, FL
- Brain Injury Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Bus Accident Attorney in St. Petersburg, FL
- Car Accident Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Catastrophic Injury Lawyer in St. Petersburg, FL
- Child Injury Attorney in St. Petersburg, FL
- Commercial Vehicle Accidents Attorneys in St. Petersburg, FL
- Construction Accident Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Cruise Ship Accident Attorney in St. Petersburg, FL
- Dog Bite Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Lump Sum Settlements Lawyer in St. Petersburg, FL
- Lyft Accident Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Maritime Accident Attorney in St. Petersburg, FL
- Medical Malpractice Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Negligent Security Lawyer in St. Petersburg, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Premises Liability Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Product Liability Lawyer in St. Petersburg, FL
- Slip and Fall Accident Attorneys in St. Petersburg, FL
- Social Security Disability Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Truck Accident Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Uber Accident Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Workers’ Compensation Attorneys in St. Petersburg, FL
- Workplace Accident Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Wrongful Death Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL