Dangerous products hurt people every day. If you were injured in St. Petersburg, Florida, you may be entitled to hold the product manufacturer liable for compensation. An experienced St. Petersburg product liability lawyer at Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers can help you fight to recover fair compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
Since we opened our doors in 1955, we’ve recovered more than $675 million in compensation for our clients. That’s the experience you can count on.
Do you have questions about your legal rights after an injury caused by a medical malpractice case, commercial vehicle accident, St. Petersburg Electric Scooter malfunction, workplace incident, or any other? Contact our St. Petersburg law office to schedule a free consultation today at (727) 349-1728.
Table of Contents
How Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help With a Product Liability Claim in St. Petersburg
When you make a purchase, you shouldn’t have to worry about whether the product will hurt your family. In reality, millions of Americans are hurt because of defective products every year. Even a product that seems completely safe can become dangerous if it suffers from a defect.
The companies that sell these products are responsible when their products cause harm. However, you’ll have to take legal action to demand fair compensation. Manufacturing companies usually have deep pockets and teams of defense lawyers to fight any injury claims. An experienced St. Petersburg personal injury attorney can increase your chances of getting the fair compensation you deserve.
At Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers, our attorneys have more than 300 years of combined experience helping clients like you recover compensation after an accident. Our team includes Board Certified attorneys, “Super Lawyers,” “Rising Stars,” and Tampa Bay Magazine “Top Lawyers.”
When you hire us, we’ll handle every aspect of your claim, including:
- Conducting an investigation to identify the defect that caused your injuries
- Working with specialists and experts who can back up your case
- Protecting you if the insurance companies blame you for misusing the product
- Negotiating with the insurance companies to maximize your settlement award
Any personal injury claim can be complex. You don’t have to handle the details alone. Reach out to our law offices today for a free consultation with a St. Petersburg personal injury lawyer.
What is My St. Petersburg Product Liability Case Worth?
Countless variables can impact the value of a product liability case. Because every case is different, your lawyer will first have to evaluate the circumstances of your case to determine how much your personal injury case is worth.
The value of your personal injury claim can be influenced by:
- The nature and severity of your injuries
- Your general prognosis
- The extent of your pain and suffering
- How the injury changed your life
- The value of your out-of-pocket costs
- Whether contributory fault is an issue in your case
Putting a price tag on a physical injury is always difficult. Our lawyers have relationships with trusted experts who can help us identify the full extent of your losses. With their help, we can assess the fair value of your claim to make sure you aren’t leaving money on the table.
What Types of Damages Are Available to Victims of Defective Products?
Companies that manufacture, design, and sell defective products can be held liable for all of the damage those products cause. Available damages are classified as either economic damages or non-economic damages.
Economic damages cover your financial expenses, such as:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages while you recover
- Diminished future earning potential
- Physical therapy
- Property damage
Your settlement should also include compensation for your non-economic damages, including:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Diminished quality of life
- Anxiety and depression
- Loss of consortium
Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers, our lawyers will help you fight to recover the full compensation you deserve. Just contact our law firm today to learn more.
Can I Recover Damages if I’m Being Blamed for an Accident in Florida?
Florida follows a modified comparative fault rule with a 51% bar to recovery. Victims can file a lawsuit for damages even if they’re partly to blame. However, you might receive less compensation if the at-fault party or their insurance company can prove you contributed to your accident. Your compensation can be reduced based on your assigned percentage of fault under Florida law. And if that percentage reaches 51% or more, you cannot recover damages.
Don’t be surprised if the insurance company tries to blame you for getting hurt. It’s a common scare tactic to make you accept a lower settlement. Call an experienced personal injury lawyer who knows how to protect your rights.
Our legal team at Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers will investigate to determine whether the insurance company’s claims are legitimate. With over 300 years of experience between us, we’re prepared to minimize any allegations that you caused your own injuries.
We’ll Fight to Recover Compensation for All of Your Injuries
Defective and dangerous products can cause serious harm. Our St. Petersburg product liability attorneys will fight to recover the money you deserve if you were hurt.
Some common injuries caused by defective products include:
- Broken bones
- Eye injuries
- Facial injuries
- Cuts and lacerations
- Brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Crushing injuries
- Loss of limbs
- Catastrophic injuries
Some injuries are so severe that they cause wrongful death. If that’s the case, our lawyers can help you file a wrongful death lawsuit to recover compensation for medical bills, funeral expenses, and more.
We Handle All Types of Product Liability Claims in St. Petersburg, Florida
At Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers, we handle all types of product liability cases in St. Petersburg, including those involving dangerous:
- Prescription drugs
- Medical devices
- Children’s toys
- Chile safety seats
- Children’s furniture
- Household appliances
- Vaping devices
- Construction equipment
- Airbags and seat belts
- And more
Virtually any product can be dangerous if something goes wrong during the manufacturing process. If you or a loved one were injured because of a dangerous product, reach out to our law firm for help today. We’d be happy to schedule a time to discuss your legal options.
How Do I Prove Negligence After an Accident Caused by a Defective Product in Florida?
Companies are responsible for providing consumer products that are reasonably safe. If you get hurt while using a defective product, you may be entitled to compensation under Florida product liability laws.
To recover compensation based on strict liability, you’ll have to establish:
- Some type of relationship between the company and the product
- The defect that made the product unreasonably dangerous
- The product caused you harm
- The injuries and damages that you suffered because of the defective product
Product liability claims fall into three basic categories: design defects, manufacturing defects, and marketing defects.
A design defect is a problem with the product’s overall design. In defective design cases, every product manufactured is impacted. These cases often result in large-scale product recalls.
When a company knows or reasonably should know about dangers, it has a duty to explore safer design options. If there’s a safer, cost-effective alternative, the company should adopt it. If no safer design is available, the company still has a duty to warn you about the dangers associated with the product.
A manufacturing defect occurs because of problems during the manufacturing process. In these cases, the product’s design is safe, but the product was put together incorrectly. Manufacturing defects can impact a single product or a batch of products.
For example, if the company used the wrong size screw while putting together a bicycle, that bicycle could suffer from a manufacturing defect.
Products often carry some risk of injury. Manufacturing companies have a duty to warn consumers about those risks. That’s why most products come with instructions and warning labels.
A product liability case can be based on a company’s failure to warn consumers about non-obvious dangers associated with the product.
It’s also possible to file a product liability lawsuit based on negligence. There are a number of different ways to prove that a company was negligent in putting a product on the market.
For example, a company could be held liable for failing to adequately test a product, ignoring safety regulations, or failing to anticipate how the product would be used.
How Long Do I Have to File a Product Liability Lawsuit in Florida?
Florida law limits the amount of time you have to take legal action after a dangerous product hurts you. This deadline is called the statute of limitations. After your injury, you have four years to file a personal injury lawsuit–or risk losing your right to compensation.
Are you worried about the deadline in your case? Call our law firm to schedule a free case evaluation today.
Contact a St. Petersburg Product Liability Lawyer for a Free Consultation
You could be entitled to significant compensation if a dangerous consumer product injured you. An experienced St. Petersburg product liability lawyer at Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers can help you recover the full compensation you need to get back on your feet again. All you have to do is call our law firm for the legal advice you deserve.
Our personal injury law firm in Pinellas County also provides:
- Assault Injury Attorney in St. Petersburg, FL
- Aviation Accident Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Boating Accident Attorneys in St.Petersburg, FL
- Brain Injury Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Bus Accident Attorney in St. Petersburg, FL
- Car Accident Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Catastrophic Injury Lawyer in St. Petersburg, FL
- Child Injury Attorney in St. Petersburg, FL
- Commercial Vehicle Accidents Attorneys in St. Petersburg, FL
- Construction Accident Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Cruise Ship Accident Attorney in St. Petersburg, FL
- Dog Bite Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Electric Scooter Accident Lawyer in St. Petersburg, FL
- Lump Sum Settlements Lawyer in St. Petersburg, FL
- Lyft Accident Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Maritime Accident Attorney in St. Petersburg, FL
- Medical Malpractice Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Negligent Security Lawyer in St. Petersburg, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Premises Liability Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Slip and Fall Accident Attorneys in St. Petersburg, FL
- Social Security Disability Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Truck Accident Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Uber Accident Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Workers’ Compensation Attorneys in St. Petersburg, FL
- Workplace Accident Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Wrongful Death Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL