Were you injured in an assault in St. Petersburg, Florida? If so, you may be eligible for monetary compensation. An experienced St. Petersburg assault injury lawyer from Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers can assist you in pursuing compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages, call us at (727) 349-1728.
Our legal team has decades of experience assisting injured clients who have been involved in construction accidents, St.Petersburg brain injuries, Cruise ship incidents, wrongful death claims, and more.
Our top priority is seeing that you get justice. Learn more about our firm by scheduling a free consultation at our law offices today.
Table of Contents
How Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help With an Assault Injury Claim
Suffering an assault can dramatically affect your life. Injuries can render you disabled and unable to work, and the emotional trauma of the experience may continue to haunt you for years. You should not have to contend with financial anxiety in addition to your pain and fear.
A skilled St. Petersburg personal injury attorney can assist you in pursuing the compensation you deserve.
At Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers, we recognize the difficulties you are facing. We are willing to assist you in any way possible. Over the years, we have earned a reputation as St. Petersburg’s leading trial attorneys.
Our assault injury lawyers in Pinellas County will:
- Investigate the attack’s circumstances
- Identify all parties liable for your injuries
- Evaluate your case’s worth
- Collect evidence to establish liability
- Manage the difficulties that a pending criminal case can present
- Negotiate on your behalf with insurance companies
Our attorneys are aware that you need time to recuperate. We’re here to manage the legal specifics so you can rest. Call our law offices today to learn more about how our St. Petersburg personal injury attorneys can advocate for you.
What Is the Definition of Assault in Florida?
Assault is a criminal offense in Florida. A person commits assault if they use threats to cause another person to believe they will suffer physical harm. Florida does not require a defendant to actually cause an injury in order to be convicted of assault.
The purpose of laws against assault is to punish the offender. Your assailant may face imprisonment and monetary penalties. A conviction may provide a sense of justice, but it does nothing to alleviate your financial anxiety.
Assault is also an intentional tort, so you have the right to file a personal injury lawsuit to recover damages.
Who Is Liable for My Assault-Related Injuries?
If the police apprehend your assailant, the assailant may be held responsible for your damages. However, it’s typically challenging to recover full compensation from an attacker. In some instances, a negligent third party may also be liable for permitting the attack to occur.
Florida property owners are required to provide adequate security for the safety of their guests and customers. If the owner failed to provide security, you might have a case for negligent security.
The types of security that are deemed “adequate” can vary from case to case, depending on the neighborhood, establishment type, and evidence of previous criminal activity in the area.
According to Florida’s premises liability laws, the property owner may be required to:
- Install video surveillance cameras
- Employ security guards
- Provide operational locks and security systems
- Install gates and fences with locks
- Ensure employees are properly trained to respond to unlawful threats of violence.
- Install sufficient lighting
If you were attacked on the property of any of the following business owners, they might be financially liable for your injuries:
- Landlords and apartment buildings
- Institutes of higher education
- Schools and daycare centers
- Cruise ships
- Sports and entertainment complexes
- Restaurants, bars, and nightclubs
- Shopping malls
- Parking garages
Call our St. Petersburg assault injury attorneys if you were assaulted on someone else’s property to determine if you have a valid case. We provide free case evaluations, so talking to us about your case carries no risk.
Types of Assault-Related Injuries
To be charged with a crime, assault perpetrators do not need to cause an injury. Still, a significant number of assault victims are often seriously injured.
At Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes, we’ve represented assault victims with a variety of injuries, including:
- Broken bones
- Facial injuries
- Dental and eye injuries
- Lacerations and bruising
- Internal bleeding
- Organ damage
- Knife wounds
- Shotgun wounds
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord damage
- Back injuries
Some assault victims never fully recover from their injuries. If you suffer from a long-term disability, our St. Petersburg personal injury attorneys can help you fight for the justice you deserve.
How Much Is My St. Petersburg Assault Injury Case Worth?
The value of your personal injury claim is contingent on a variety of factors, including:
- The nature and severity of your injury
- Whether you will recover completely or suffer permanent impairment
- Medical costs
- The identity of the perpetrator or negligent party
- Pain & suffering
To accurately determine the value of your case, it’s crucial that your attorney is aware of all pertinent facts. Every detail may be essential to your case. To find out more about the value of your personal injury case, call today to schedule a free case evaluation.
How Long Do I Have To File a Lawsuit for an Assault-Related Injury in Florida?
The statute of limitations for filing a claim for damages arising from a personal injury is governed by Florida law. Florida’s personal injury statute of limitations is four years. If you fail to file a lawsuit within four years of your injury, you typically forfeit your right to seek compensation.
Cases involving criminal conduct vary slightly. You may be allowed more time to file a lawsuit against your attacker because the statute of limitations will be suspended while the criminal case against the attacker is pending.
Contact an Assault Injury Attorney in St. Petersburg For a Free Consultation
Were you the target of an assault in St. Petersburg? Contacting Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers today can help you get on the road to recovery.
Contacting our St. Petersburg assault injury lawyers today can help you get on the road to recovery. Were you the victim of an assault in St. Petersburg, Florida? Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers can assist you in seeking compensation.
Visit Our Personal Injury Law Office in St. Petersburg, Fl
Our personal injury law firm in St. Petersburg, FL also provides:
- Aviation Accident Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Boating Accident Attorneys in St.Petersburg, FL
- Brain Injury Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Bus Accident Attorney in St. Petersburg, FL
- Car Accident Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Catastrophic Injury Lawyer in St. Petersburg, FL
- Child Injury Attorney in St. Petersburg, FL
- Commercial Vehicle Accidents Attorneys in St. Petersburg, FL
- Construction Accident Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Cruise Ship Accident Attorney in St. Petersburg, FL
- Dog Bite Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Electric Scooter Accident Lawyer in St. Petersburg, FL
- Lump Sum Settlements Lawyer in St. Petersburg, FL
- Lyft Accident Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Maritime Accident Attorney in St. Petersburg, FL
- Medical Malpractice Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Negligent Security Lawyer in St. Petersburg, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Premises Liability Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Product Liability Lawyer in St. Petersburg, FL
- Slip and Fall Accident Attorneys in St. Petersburg, FL
- Social Security Disability Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Truck Accident Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Uber Accident Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Workers’ Compensation Attorneys in St. Petersburg, FL
- Workplace Accident Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL
- Wrongful Death Lawyers in St. Petersburg, FL