Recreational vehicles offer a sense of freedom and adventure in St. Petersburg, Florida. Unfortunately, accidents involving RVs are increasingly common. The aftermath is typically traumatic, physically, emotionally, and financially. Victims of these accidents are often confronted with mounting medical bills and repair costs.
Since 1955, Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers has been helping accident victims through these turbulent times. Our law firm’s St. Petersburg recreational vehicle accident lawyers have over 300 years of collective experience advocating for victims and getting them the compensation they deserve for all types of injuries, including: catastrophic injuries, slip and falls in St. Petersburg, child injuries St. Petersburg assault injuries, and many more.
Table of Contents
Why Should I Hire Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers To Handle My Recreational Vehicle Accident in St. Pete?
Choosing the right lawyer for your case in St. Petersburg, Florida, is a crucial decision. At Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers, our attorneys are here to help you navigate these challenging times. We have recovered over $675 million for clients and earned some of the highest ratings in the legal community.
We have achieved success for our clients with:
- Specialized Knowledge: Our team has rich experience in recreational vehicle accidents. We have been at the forefront of some of the largest personal injury cases in St. Petersburg and know the ins and outs of personal injury law.
- Effective Negotiation: We have hundreds of years of combined experience negotiating high-value settlements with insurance carriers. Our experience plays an important role in maximizing client compensation.
- Strategic Investigations: We know how to identify key evidence. We review accident reports, medical records, and witness statements to assemble a compelling timeline of your case and injuries.
- Damages: We diligently evaluate all possible damages. This ensures you maximize your compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, or property damage.
- Contingency Fees: We only get paid if we get money on your behalf. This allows you to avoid the burden of hourly fees or upfront costs.
- Free Consultations: We offer every client a free consultation. This allows us to evaluate your case, address its strengths and weaknesses, and chart a path forward.
By partnering with Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes, you ensure that your recreational vehicle accident case is handled with the utmost care, dedication, and professionalism. Our St. Petersburg personal injury lawyers are committed to helping you navigate the uncertainty ahead. Call today to schedule your free case review.
What Causes Recreational Vehicle Accidents in St. Petersburg, FL?
Recreational vehicle accidents can be attributed to a range of causes. Understanding these causes is vital to ensuring safety in St. Petersburg. Some factors contributing to these accidents include:
- Driver Inexperience: Handling a recreational vehicle requires different skills than driving a car. New or inexperienced drivers can make judgment errors that put the safety of others at risk.
- Vehicle Malfunctions: Even well-maintained vehicles can experience technical issues. From brake failures to engine malfunctions, recreational vehicle malfunctions can prove dangerous when in motion.
- Challenging Weather Conditions: St. Petersburg experiences its share of inclement weather. Strong winds, sudden rain, or even sun glare can impact visibility and road traction, making driving conditions treacherous.
- Impaired Driving: Whether due to alcohol, drugs, or fatigue, impaired driving is a major concern. Driving a recreational vehicle requires focus and clarity, which is compromised when a driver is too tired or under the influence.
- Overloading: Recreational vehicles have a specified weight limit. Exceeding this limit can impact the vehicle’s balance, braking efficiency, and control.
- Speeding: Traveling at high speeds reduces the driver’s reaction time. This increases the severity of collisions. Due to the size and weight of recreational vehicles, they also require more time to stop, making speeding risky.
If you have been in a recreational vehicle accident due to one of these causes, schedule a free consultation with our trusted personal injury law firm today.
What Damages Are Available in Recreational Vehicle Accidents in St. Petersburg, FL?
Depending on the specifics of the case and the severity of injuries, victims may be entitled to damages for:
- Medical Expenses: Medical bills are a significant component of your damages. This can include emergency room visits, diagnostic treatment, surgeries, or outpatient therapy.
- Lost Wages: You may be unable to work after your accident. This absence may be temporary or permanent. If your accident is severe, you might be unable to return to work. You can seek damages for lost current and future earnings.
- Pain and Suffering: Pain and suffering damages compensate for the physical and emotional pain of your accident. This includes the resulting stress, depression, or anxiety resulting from the incident.
- Property Damage: Your property may be damaged in the accident. You can seek the replacement cost for that property as a damage.
- Punitive Damages: You may have been injured due to intentional or egregious conduct by another. If so, you may be awarded punitive damages to punish and deter similar behavior.
Our St. Petersburg recreational vehicle accident lawyers are skilled in accurately evaluating all damages. This will allow you to maximize the compensation you may be entitled to.
How Much Is My St. Petersburg Recreational Vehicle Accident Worth?
Every accident is unique. The worth of your claim will depend on various factors, such as the severity of injuries, the extent of property damage, and the negligence of the involved parties. Our St. Petersburg recreational vehicle accident lawyers work diligently to evaluate your situation and provide a fair estimate.
To do this, we will review key evidence in your case. This may include:
- Accident scene photographs,
- Police reports,
- Medical records,
- Repair bills, and
- Expert evaluations.
This evidence will support your recreational vehicle accident claim. It will also convince the judge or jury to award you damages if your case goes to trial.
Can I Recover Damages if I’m Blamed for A Recreational Vehicle Accident in St. Petersburg, FL?
In many vehicle accidents, determining fault is not always black and white. Multiple parties may share responsibility. If you are worried about your role in an accident in St. Petersburg, it is important to consult an experienced personal injury attorney.
Florida has a modified comparative negligence rule. The rule recognizes that more than one party can be at fault in an accident. It also ensures that you are not overly punished for minor errors in judgment or actions that led to an accident. Under this system, you can recover damages if you are less than 51 percent responsible for them. Your recovery will be adjusted accordingly.
For example, suppose a jury awards you $100,000 in total damages, but finds you were 30 percent at fault for the accident. Your take-home damages would be reduced by 30 percent. You would receive $70,000 in this scenario. If you were found to be 51 percent (or more) at fault for the accident, you would be barred from recovering any compensation.
Liability can be difficult to determine. This is why it is important to consult a St. Petersburg recreational vehicle accident lawyer who can evaluate the facts of your case and determine liability.
How Long Do I Have To File a Lawsuit After a Recreational Vehicle Accident in St. Petersburg, FL?
You have a certain amount of time to file a lawsuit after an accident. Understanding this timeframe, often called the statute of limitations, is critical when considering filing a lawsuit after a recreational vehicle accident.
The statute of limitations in Florida is typically two years from the accident date for personal injury claims resulting from vehicle accidents, including recreational vehicle accidents. But do not wait. You should consult with a St. Petersburg recreational vehicle accident lawyer immediately. In some cases, the time limit may be paused.
A lawyer can make sure you do not miss the filing deadline. If you miss it, you will likely be permanently barred from filing a lawsuit for your accident and injuries.
How Much Does It Cost To Hire a Recreational Vehicle Accident Lawyer in St. Petersburg, FL?
Worrying about legal fees can add to post-accident stress. At Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes, we know this first hand. That is why our St. Petersburg recreational vehicle accident lawyers represent victims on a contingency fee basis. This means you pay nothing upfront. Instead, we only get paid when we secure compensation on your behalf through settlement or trial. This allows you to escape the burden of crushing legal bills and costs.
Contact Our Experienced St. Petersburg Recreational Vehicle Accident Lawyers for Help
We understand the physical, emotional, and financial toll of recreational vehicle accidents. Since 1955, Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers Lawyers helped victims in St. Petersburg become whole again.
If you have been affected by a recreational vehicle accident, do not hesitate. Contact our law office today at (727) 349-1728 and schedule a free initial consultation with our St. Petersburg recreational vehicle accident lawyers.