Were you or a family member injured while riding, boarding, or disembarking public transportation services in Clearwater, FL? If so, you might be entitled to compensation for the damages caused by the accident.
However, pursuing these types of personal injury cases can be challenging. Therefore, you need experienced Clearwater mass transit accident lawyers to handle your case.
Our Clearwater personal injury lawyers at Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes have recovered more than $675 million for our clients. Our hard work has earned our attorneys a lifetime membership in the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. We tirelessly protect your right to fair compensation for injuries and damages.
Since 1955, our law firm has fought for the rights of injured parties and their families in Clearwater, Florida. Call us now at (727) 796-8282 if you need trusted legal advice. We are here for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Contact us today to schedule your free consultation with an experienced attorney.
Table of Contents
How Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Mass Transit Accident in Clearwater
Insurance companies, large corporations, and government entities have unlimited resources to fight injury claims. Their goal is to avoid liability for the damage they caused because of their negligence or other wrongdoing. At Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes, we have the resources you need to go up against these parties.
Our attorneys have more than 300 years of combined experience handling personal injury cases and are honored to be recognized by leading national organizations. They have the highest rating given by peers with Martindale-Hubbel, an AV Preeminent rating. We are also highly rated by Super Lawyers, Best Lawyers, and have a perfect 10.0 rating with Avvo.
When you hire our top-rated Clearwater personal injury attorneys, you can expect us to:
- Initiate an independent investigation to determine what caused your injury on the metro/subway/mass transit system
- Monitor investigations by law enforcement agencies and government entities
- Identify all parties who could be liable for your damages
- File insurance and personal injury claims and handle all matters related to the claims
- Document the extent of your injuries and damages to calculate how much your claim is worth
- Work with leading experts and specialists to strengthen the evidence for your claim
- Negotiate fair settlements with the at-fault parties and insurance companies
- File lawsuits and take your case to court, when necessary
You deserve fair compensation after any type of mass transit accident. We want to help. Contact us today to schedule a free case evaluation with an experienced personal injury lawyer in Clearwater, FL.
Common Causes of Mass Transit/Subway/Bus/Metro Accidents in Clearwater, FL
There are many public transportation options in Clearwater and Pinellas County. The PSTA (Pinellas Suncoast Transit Authority) is the public transit provider for Pinellas County. PSTA provides regional service to parts of Tampa and Hillsborough County, including trolleys, rail systems, and other options.
Our attorneys at Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes handle all types of bus and mass transit accident claims. Examples of the causes of these accidents include:
- Mechanical failure
- Inexperienced bus drivers and train operators
- Failure to maintain and inspect equipment, including buses, tracks, trains, and more
- Distracted driving, speeding, drunk driving, and other negligence or operator errors
- Slip and fall accidents
- Failing to provide warnings about hazards
- Accidents on platforms and in stations
- Defective parts and vehicles
- Electrical injuries and electrocutions
- Debris and objects on the rails
- Signal failures
- Misconduct and errors by motorists, pedestrians, and bicyclists
One or more parties could be liable for your injuries in a metro/mass transit/subway/bus accident. Responsible parties could include Clearwater or Pinellas County government entities, transit authorities, third-party drivers, manufacturers of defective vehicles or parts, and maintenance/repair facilities.
You must prove that the at-fault party’s actions caused or contributed to the cause of the mass transit accident. Our lawyers have centuries of collective experience handling complex accident claims like these.
What Compensation Can I Receive for a Clearwater Mass Transit Accident Claim?
If you were injured in a mass transit accident as a passenger, pedestrian, bicyclist, or occupant of another vehicle, you could be entitled to compensation for your injuries. The types of economic damages you could receive for your claim include:
- Medical bills
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy
- Reduced earning potential
- Property damage
- Long-term care
- Lost wages
- Personal care and household services
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Physical pain and discomfort
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Mental anguish and emotional distress
- Diminished quality of life
- Permanent disability and impairment
In rare cases, you could also receive punitive damages if the at-fault party was grossly negligent or engaged in intentional acts to cause harm. However, if you contributed to the cause of the accident, Florida’s contributory fault laws could result in a reduction of your compensation for damages.
Deadlines for Filing Mass Transit Accident Claims in Florida
The statute of limitations for most personal injury cases in Florida is two years from the injury date. However, cases that occurred before March 24, 2023, could have a longer deadline. On the other hand, if the case involves a government entity, the time to file a claim could be shorter.
The best way to protect your right to file an injury claim after an accident is to contact a lawyer as soon as possible. If you do not file your claim before the deadline, the court could dismiss your claim.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Clearwater Mass Transit Accident Lawyers
Were you injured in a metro, train, bus, or other similar type of accident? If so, contact our experienced personal injury lawyers at Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes to discuss your case with an attorney. Call now at (727) 796-8282 for a free case review with a Clearwater mass transit accident lawyer.