One moment, you are riding your bike, enjoying the nice Florida weather, and the next, you are on the ground suffering a serious injury. Motorcycle accidents can lead to life-altering injuries, which result in high medical expenses, extensive time away from work, and considerable pain and suffering. When you are dealing with so much, you deserve dedicated legal assistance from an experienced Pinellas Park motorcycle accident lawyer.
Since 1955, Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers has represented accident victims who have been injured in various types of accidents in Pinellas Park, FL. With over $675 million recovered for our deserving clients, we know what it takes to build a solid claim. You can rely on our considerable experience while you focus on your recovery.
Table of Contents
How Our Pinellas Park Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Can Help After a Life-Changing Crash
You have enough to deal with without having to try to fight insurance companies for the money you rightly deserve. Instead, you can trust your case to the seasoned law firm of Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers. Our lawyers have over 300 years of collective experience.
Three of our attorneys have been selected as Super Lawyers and as Super Lawyers Rising Stars. Additionally, three of our attorneys have been board-certified by the Florida Bar Association, a rare distinction held by less than 2% of lawyers in Florida. We have also attained the highest possible rating from the nation’s largest legal rating service.
When you hire our Pinellas Park personal injury lawyers, you can trust us to:
- Develop a personalized legal strategy for your accident claim
- Thoroughly investigate your case to determine how the accident occurred and who is responsible for it
- Review all applicable insurance policies for maximum coverage
- Gather solid evidence to establish liability and your damages
- Answer any questions you have throughout the process
- Work with your medical providers to ensure you receive quality care and the full extent of your injuries is identified
- File insurance claims and manage them on your behalf
- Negotiate for maximum compensation
We have fought our cases all the way to the Florida Supreme Court and the Supreme Court of the United States, so you can trust that we can take your case all the way when you hire us. Call us today to speak to a Pinellas Park motorcycle accident lawyer after a motorcycle crash in Pinellas Park, FL.
How Common Are Motorcycle Accidents?
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that 5,932 motorcyclists were killed in 2021. This represents 14% of all traffic fatalities and the highest number of motorcycle fatalities since 1975. Compared to occupants in passenger vehicles, motorcyclists are 28 times more likely to die in a motorcycle accident.
In 2020, 600 motorcyclists died in crashes in Florida. This represented 18% of the traffic fatalities that year.
We Help Accident Victims Who Have Suffered Various Injuries
Motorcycle accident victims do not have a protective metal shell like those in passenger vehicles. Florida law also does not require helmet use for motorcyclists over the age of 21.
Therefore, some of the most common motorcycle accident injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Neck injuries
- Fractured or dislocated bones
- Nerve damage
- Spinal cord damage
- Amputation injuries
- Road rash
You may be entitled to significant compensation if you were harmed in a motorcycle accident.
What Damages Can I Recover In a Motorcycle Accident Case?
Florida’s no-fault insurance rules do not apply in motorcycle accident cases. Therefore, you can seek compensation for the full extent of damages you suffered.
The following damages may be available in a motorcycle accident case:
- Emergency medical treatment and transportation
- Ongoing medical expenses
- Future medical expenses
- Rehabilitation expenses
- Lost income and wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Costs to repair or replace your damaged bike and other damaged or broken personal property
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent disability
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Mental anguish and emotional distress
An experienced accident lawyer can determine the compensation you might be entitled to.
What Is My Pinellas Park Motorcycle Accident Case Worth?
Motorcycle accidents can have life-altering consequences, so many motorcycle accident victims and their families rightly wonder what their recovery may look like.
The potential value of your case may depend on various factors, such as:
- The type and severity of your injuries
- The duration of your medical treatment
- How much time you missed from work
- Whether your injuries are permanent
- The extent of pain and suffering you endured
- How the accident affected your life
- Why the accident occurred
- The number and identity of the defendants
- Whether you were partially at fault for the accident
An experienced personal injury lawyer can evaluate your case and explain what your specific case might be worth.
How Is My Claim Affected if I’m Partially At Fault for an Accident?
It is not uncommon for at-fault parties and insurance companies to try to shift blame to the victim. They try to use stereotypes of motorcyclists as risk-takers to evade liability. However, our experienced motorcycle accident lawyers are familiar with these tactics and will work hard to shield you from liability.
Even if you are partially at fault for the accident, Flrorida’s modified comparative fault rules still allow accident victims to recover compensation for their injuries if they are not more than 50% at fault. However, their compensation is reduced by their portion of fault. So, if they are found 10% at fault for the accident, their award is reduced by 10% to account for their degree of responsibility. Minimizing any liability assigned to you is another reason why working with an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer is essential.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents In Pinellas Park, Florida?
Motorcyclists can be injured in accidents for the same reasons as other types of motor vehicle accidents. However, they are also vulnerable to accidents caused by factors specific to motorcyclists.
Some of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Aggressive driving
- Failure to yield the right-of-way
- Turning into the path of motorcyclists
- Impaired driving
- Drowsy driving
- Unsafe lane changes
- Failing to check surroundings or notice motorcyclists
- Sudden stops
- Following too closely
- Doors opening in their path
- Dangerous road conditions
- Debris on the roadway
- Motorcycle defects
An experienced accident lawyer can investigate your accident and determine who is responsible for it.
Who Is Responsible for My Motorcycle Accident?
Motorcycle accidents can sometimes be complicated because they may be caused by various parties.
Parties responsible for a motorcycle accident may include:
- Other motorists who acted negligently, failed to yield the right-of-way, or disobeyed traffic laws
- Manufacturers of defective motorcycles or parts
- Government entities responsible for maintaining the roadway
- Negligent truckers, bicyclists, pedestrians, or other road users
- Businesses if the accident occurred while their employee was working
An experienced accident lawyer can investigate your case to determine all potentially at-fault parties and work to obtain strong evidence of their responsibility.
How Do I Prove Responsibility In a Motorcycle Accident Claim?
Because your version of events may differ greatly from the driver’s version, you may need evidence to help support your claim.
Evidence that may reveal important information about how the accident occurred might include:
- Video footage from red light cameras, surveillance cameras, and dashcams
- Accident reports and officer findings
- Reports prepared by accident reconstruction experts
- Medical records
- Witness statements
- The location and severity of damage to each vehicle
- Accident scene evidence, such as road debris or skid marks
- Electronic data recorder information
Our trial lawyers know the evidence you will need for your case, and we will work diligently to recover it.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Pinellas Park Motorcycle Accident Lawyer?
Many motorcycle accident lawyers in Pinellas Park, FL, work on a contingency fee basis. You only pay the attorney’s fees if your case is won. The amount your attorney receives will be agreed upon beforehand and deducted from your settlement or verdict award.
What Is the Time Limit To File a Motorcycle Accident Claim In Florida?
Florida generally gives accident victims two years to file a personal injury lawsuit after being injured because of the negligence of others. This ensures that cases are promptly filed before evidence gets lost or memories fade. However, it also puts pressure on accident victims because this time can go by quickly.
If accident victims don’t file a case by this deadline, they can lose their right to recover compensation through the courts. Contact an experienced Pinellas Park motorcycle accident lawyer to protect your rights.
Schedule Your Free Case Review With Our Pinellas Park Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Were you injured in a motorcycle accident in Pinellas Park, Florida? If so, you may have the right to recover compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, pain, suffering, and other damages. Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers is here to help guide you through the insurance claim process. Turn to our more than 300 years of legal experience during this challenging time.
Call us for your free, no-obligation consultation with our Pinellas Park motorcycle accident attorney.