Being struck by debris falling on a worksite can cause repetitive traumatic injuries and wrongful deaths. Construction site accidents are some of the most common causes of workplace injuries in St. Petersburg. Falling construction materials and building debris from great heights can injure construction workers, visitors, subcontractors, and bystanders.
Were you struck by falling debris in a workplace accident in St. Petersburg, Florida? If so, you may recover compensation for your damages by filing a claim against the parties who created the dangerous conditions.
However, to successfully navigate the claims process, you need an experienced St. Petersburg debris falling on work sites lawyer to handle your case. The award-winning legal team at Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers represents accident victims and surviving family members harmed by construction accidents and other job site accidents.
Contact our law firm at (727) 796-8282 or reach out to us online to schedule a free consultation to discuss your accident claim. It does not cost you anything to get the legal advice you need to protect yourself after a construction site accident.
Table of Contents
How Our St. Petersburg Workplace Accident Lawyers Help After You’ve Been Injured By Falling Debris
Our St. Petersburg personal injury lawyers at Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers have over 300 years of combined experience handling accident cases. Since 1955, our law firm has fought for the rights of injured individuals. We have recovered millions of dollars in jury verdicts and settlements on behalf of our clients during that time.
When you hire our top-rated attorneys to handle your case, we will:
- Explain Florida personal injury laws and how they relate to your case
- Analyze the facts of your case to assess your claim
- Search for evidence by conducting a comprehensive investigation into your accident
- Handle all paperwork and monitor filing deadlines
- Identify the parties responsible for your injuries and damages
- File insurance claims and monitor the progress of those claims with the insurance company
- Discuss your legal options, including the benefits and disadvantages of accepting a settlement offer
- Consult with experts as necessary
- Negotiate a settlement that is fair and just
- Provide honest answers to your questions and concerns
- File a lawsuit and argue your case in court, if the other parties refuse to agree to a fair settlement amount
If falling debris at your place of employment caused your injury, do not delay in contacting our St. Petersburg, Florida law office for a free consultation.
Common Causes of Falling Debris on Work Sites in St. Petersburg, FL
There are many hazards and dangerous conditions on work sites. Falling debris from heights is just one of the ways that individuals can be injured or killed on construction sites. In addition, debris, materials, tools, and other objects can fall from open areas in the building, cranes, scaffolding, ladders, and other areas.
Workers and others on the ground are at significant risk of death and catastrophic injury if falling objects hit them.
Common reasons why debris and other materials fall on job sites in Pinellas County include:
- Failing to follow OSHA regulations for falling object protection
- Lifting loads that are too heavy for the crane, scaffold, or other lift
- Failure to secure a machine or tool while lifting a load using the forklift
- Lack of adequate training for workers
- Failing to secure loads correctly
- Refusal to clean up areas at the end of each day
- Structure collapse or breakdown
- Failure to post clear warning signs indicating a fall hazard
- Defective and malfunctioning machinery
- Lack of adequate supervision and direction
- Failing to use safety devices and procedures to prevent falling debris and objects
- Failure to use safety devices and procedures
Other factors in falling debris accidents could include wind and weather conditions. Failing to account for falling debris on worksites can result in unnecessary injuries and deaths.
Common Injuries Caused by Falling Debris on Work Sites in St. Petersburg, Florida
Construction workers and bystanders can be hit by debris and objects falling from high above the ground. The resulting injuries may include minor sprains and strains to permanent impairments. Some injuries could take a few weeks to heal, while other injuries may result in lifelong disability.
Injuries caused by falling debris on job sites include:
- Broken bones and fractures
- Eye injuries
- Amputations and loss of limbs
- Spinal cord injuries, including partial or complete paralysis
- Injuries to internal organs and body systems
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Skull fractures
- Back, neck, and shoulder injuries
Immediate medical attention is required to determine the extent of the injuries and prevent injuries from becoming worse or life-threatening. A physician can prescribe a treatment plan that gives the person the best chance to recover fully.
Recovering Compensation for Falling Debris Injuries on Work Sites in St. Petersburg, FL
There could be one or more sources of compensation for falling debris on job sites, depending on the facts of the case. Many workplace injuries are covered by Florida’s workers’ compensation system. Injured employees may receive benefits for medical bills, loss of income, and disability.
If the injury was caused by the negligence or wrongdoing of another party, you might be able to file a personal injury lawsuit to recover money for falling debris injuries and damages. Parties that could be liable for damages include property owners, contractors, tool manufacturers, and many other parties.
- Medical treatment and care
- Loss of income and benefits
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent disabilities, impairments, and disfigurement
- Mental and emotional suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Lost Time and benefits
If the accident resulted in death, family members might seek compensation for damages by filing a wrongful death claim. Family members may also be entitled to survivor benefits under workers’ compensation.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our St. Petersburg Workers’ Compensation Law Firm
Your time to file a wrongful death claim, personal injury lawsuit, or other claims for injuries caused by falling debris at work sites is limited by the Florida statute of limitations. Therefore, it is best to speak with one of our St. Petersburg debris falling on work sites lawyers as soon as possible to protect your right to recover compensation for your injuries.
If you are searching for skilled, compassionate, and trusted legal counsel, Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers is the law firm for you. Call today to discuss your claim with an attorney. Your initial consultation is free of charge and confidential.