Heavy machinery at work or construction sites can cause catastrophic injuries and death. The Clearwater heavy equipment accident lawyers at Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers help injured workers and their families pursue compensation for their damages.
Since 1955, our Florida accident lawyers have recovered millions of dollars in benefits, settlements, and jury verdicts for our clients. With over three centuries of combined legal experience, our Clearwater personal injury lawyers are ready to stand up and fight for you.
Table of Contents
How Our Clearwater Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Can Help You After an Accident Involving Heavy Equipment
Being injured in a heavy equipment accident can be devastating. You might sustain severe, life-altering injuries. You might also incur financial losses and experience significant pain and suffering.
You could be entitled to compensation for your injuries from more than one source. Workers’ compensation covers on-the-job injuries with heavy equipment. However, you could also have a personal injury claim against a third party. Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers can help you identify every potential option.
Our Clearwater heavy equipment accident attorneys have been recognized by numerous local and national organizations for our legal services, including Super Lawyers, Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, and Best Lawyers.
When you hire our top-rated personal injury attorneys to represent you, we will:
- Investigate your claim to determine how the heavy machinery accident occurred and who is responsible
- File a workers’ compensation claim and handle all matters related to your workers’ comp benefits
- Investigate potential claims against third parties
- Work with expert witnesses to obtain additional evidence as necessary
- Assist you in documenting your damages to maximize your recovery amount
- Handle all matters related to your claim, including preparing documents, filing claims, and negotiating settlements
- Fiercely fight to recover the total value of your damages
- File a lawsuit and take the case to court, if necessary
Call now for a free case assessment with an experienced personal injury lawyer in Clearwater, FL. We want to help you recover the compensation you deserve after a workplace injury.
Common Causes of Heavy Equipment Accidents in Clearwater, FL
Working with heavy machinery is dangerous. Even if you do not work directly with heavy equipment, you could be injured in an accident on a job site or construction area.
Common causes of heavy equipment accidents include:
- Collisions with heavy machinery
- Being caught in-between or struck by heavy equipment
- Failing to inspect or maintain machinery
- Dropped loads because of overloading machines or failing to secure loads correctly
- Defective equipment and tools
- Failing to use proper safety protocols and equipment
- Inadequate training and experience operating heavy machinery
- Backup accidents, including collisions with stationary objects and backing over someone
- Operator negligence and wrongdoing, including distractions, alcohol use, fatigue, drug use, and recklessness
- Faulty shut-off switches and intentional overrides of safety measures
Negligence is a common cause of heavy equipment accidents. However, intentional acts can result in a tragic workplace accident. Regardless of the cause of your heavy machinery accident, you deserve to be compensated for your losses.
What Types of Machinery Are Defined as Heavy Equipment?
Heavy equipment is used in all types of construction and demolition work.
Examples of heavy equipment include, but are not limited to:
- Dump trucks
- Cherry pickers
- Front end loaders
- Pile drivers
- Mixers and pumps
There is no standard definition of heavy equipment. Smaller machines used on construction sites could be included.
Common Injuries Caused By Heavy Equipment Accidents in Clearwater, FL
The injuries sustained by workers and bystanders due to heavy equipment accidents are often life-threatening and catastrophic.
Common injuries caused by heavy machinery in Pinellas County include:
- Crushing injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Amputations and loss of limbs
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Internal organ damage
- Soft tissue injuries
- Complete and partial paralysis
- Hearing and vision loss
- Broken bones and fractures
- Neck and back injuries
An injured party often requires emergency medical treatment for heavy equipment injuries. They might require surgery and intensive rehabilitative therapy to recover.
Liability for Damages Sustained Due To a Heavy Equipment Accident in Clearwater, FL
Most employers are required to have workers’ compensation coverage for their employees. Therefore, if your heavy equipment accident occurred at work, you should be entitled to workers’ comp benefits, including paid medical care and disability benefits for lost wages.
However, workers’ compensation does not compensate you for all damages you sustain because of a heavy machinery injury. Therefore, our Clearwater personal injury lawyers will investigate the cause of your injury. If a third party contributed, we’ll pursue a personal injury claim against them.
A third-party claim can result in compensation for your economic and non-economic damages. Third parties can include equipment manufacturers, property owners, and contractors. Other parties could be liable depending on the circumstances of your accident.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Workers’ Compensation Lawyers in Clearwater, FL
You suffered a traumatic event and need time to recover. The last thing you should worry about is ensuring that the liable parties compensate you fairly. We’ll handle that for you at Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes Personal Injury Lawyers.
Contact our law office to schedule a free case evaluation with a Clearwater workers’ compensation attorney. We are here to help you when you need a trusted legal advocate fighting for your right to workers’ comp benefits and compensation for injuries.