The Gift of Safety: Your 2018 Holiday Gift Guide
It may not be a gaming system or shiny new car, but the gift of safety is the best thing you can give! When you give a safety product as a gift, it will be used all year long.
Need Some Ideas?
For the Road Trip Lover or Daily Commuter:
- A roadside assistance kit. For someone with do-it-yourself ideals (or maybe someone with a car that is a little run down!) a roadside assistance kit offers everything they need in case of a breakdown. A typical roadside kit includes things like screws and jumper cables, and a well-equipped kit even contains emergency flares and a vest for visibility.
- A car cell phone charger. While phones prevent plenty of dangers behind the wheel, they can be helpful, too! If you get lost in an unfamiliar area, pulling into a safe place and looking up directions can be a huge help. A car charger ensures that cell phones are fully charged and ready to help in an emergency.
- A GPS. Most people turn to their phones for directions, but if you have a friend who is always dangerously tempted when they have their phone in the front seat, a GPS is a great alternative.
- AAA membership. With an AAA membership, you get emergency roadside service, like fuel delivery or towing, free maps and guidebooks, and a discount on your passport photos. Plus, many restaurants and attractions offer AAA discounts!
For the Avid Boater:
- The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission are doing a big holiday push for lifejackets this year, and with good reason! In the event of a capsized boat or a fall overboard, a lifejacket is lifesaving. Lifejackets don’t have to be boring. Look for a fun color or pattern to give to the boater in your life.
- UV protection shirts. When out fishing or relaxing on the water, boaters are often under direct threat from the sun’s bright rays. Lightweight, long-sleeved UV protection shirts protect their skin from sunburn, sun damage, and premature again.
- A waterproof cell phone case, because having an unprotected phone near water is sure to mean disaster!
Around the House:
- For someone who loves to cook, a food thermometer is a great gift. Thermometers ensure that food is cooked to the right temperature, preventing foodborne illnesses.
- Oven mitts are also a perfect gift for the chef in your life, and like lifejackets, come in a variety of fun colors.
- For someone who has had one-too-many accidents with ovens or candles, how about a fire extinguisher? A fire extinguisher can be stored in an accessible pantry or cabinet, and can prevent a small fire from being something bigger. Even for friends who aren’t accident-prone, a fire extinguisher can give them the priceless gift of peace of mind.
- If you’re having trouble thinking of an idea, consider a simple gift card to a home improvement store. That allows your recipient to pick out the things they need, when they need them!
For the Kids:
- Get a child their very own first aid kit! Give them a fun case filled with emergency essentials, like Band-Aids, a thermometer, gloves, and gauze. Just make sure it doesn’t contain anything dangerous for young children, like Aspirin or scissors
- A coloring book about safety allows kids to have fun and learn! If you know a child who is interested in police or firefighters, get them an informative book that can teach them more about the people in our community who keep us safe.
The attorneys at Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes represent those involved in car accidents, motorcycle accidents, bicycle accidents, pedestrian accidents, and other types of personal injury matters. Our firm is one of the oldest personal injury law firms in Tampa Bay. There are no attorneys’ fees or costs unless we prevail for you. Call our office 24 hours a day at 727-796-8282 or simply click here to schedule a free case consultation.