ATVs Recalled After Report of Death in ATV Accident
- Posted by Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes
- Posted in BlogsCar AccidentsMotorcycle AccidentsPreventing Injuries
ATVs can be a lot of fun, but an ATV accident can result in serious and potentially deadly injuries. Some ATVs seem to be more dangerous.
Tampa Bay Fox 13 recently reported that the Consumer Product Safety Commission and Polaris Industries recalled 115,000 ATVs after reports the vehicles can catch fire. The recall includes the RZR 900 and RZR 1000 from model year 2013 to 2016. The CPSC said a 15-year-old girl was killed in an ATV accident when the ATV she was on flipped on its side and burst into flames last year. Polaris has received more than 160 reports of fires. About 20 of those fires included injuries, including first, second and third degree burns.
If you or a loved one is injured by a potentially defective Polaris ATV, contact the attorneys at Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes, P.A. for a free consultation by calling us at 1-800-5FLALAW or by simply clicking here.
Even if your ATV may not be defective, there are things that can be done to reduce your risk of being involved in a ATV accident. The ATV Safety Institute provides these safety tips:
- Always wear a DOT-compliant helmet, goggles, long sleeves, long pants, over-the-ankle boots, and gloves.
- Never ride on paved roads except to cross when done safely and permitted by law – another vehicle could hit you. ATVs are designed to be operated off-highway.
- Never ride under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Never carry a passenger on a single-rider ATV, and no more than one passenger on an ATV specifically designed for two people.
- Ride an ATV that’s right for your age.
- Supervise riders younger than 16; ATVs are not toys.
- Ride only on designated trails and at a safe speed.
If an irresponsible ATV driver caused you or a loved one injuries in an ATV accident, get your legal questions answered. There are no attorneys fees or costs unless we prevail.
The attorneys at Perenich, Caulfield, Avril & Noyes represents those injured in ATV accidents, car accidents, motorcycle crashes, bicycle accidents, pedestrian accidents and other types of personal injury matters. Our firm is one of the oldest personal injury law firms in Tampa Bay. There is no attorneys’ fees or costs unless we prevail for you. Call our office 24 hours a day at 727-796-8282 or simply click here to schedule a free case consultation.